New "dd"

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Finally got isued a new tractor. 2008 Freightliner Cascadia. Series 60 15l Detroit, Eaton 10 speed. Factory fridge, Kenwood cd,Sirius, ipod jack. Feels more like a car to drive than a truck. I can actually talk to gf in a conversational tone from the sleeper to driver's seat.

Attachments

• truck 032.jpg
    truck 032.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 35
  • truck 033.jpg
    truck 033.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 28
  • truck 034.jpg
    truck 034.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 52

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
typically, about 30-35 psi @1500rpm. Have no idea about this unit in peticular..as nice as it is, it's still a fleet truck, with spartan instrumentation.So no boost guage.

i'll get sleeper pics up in a while, gf is taking a nap right now.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
like i said, it's a fleet truck, very spartan. in spite of that, there are like 15 switches to go along with eight guages, , not including wipers, cruise(on steering wheel)hvac, windows, mirrors, and audio. still plenty to do. what makes the newer trucks seem less exciting is the fact that the switchgear is smaller, and are not grouped in rows of toggle switches high on the dash like you see in older trucks.And i imagine the big blank above the hvac would house a gps unit, if the truck was so equipped

as far as the cb, no they are not a factory item.My primary radio is a magnum s3, and my backup is a connex 3300hp. Both of these units are absolute flamethrowers, between 55 and 60 watts each. They are converted 10meter radios, and frankly, illegal as fuck.

What i don't understand, is that the century class, columbia class and now the cascadia all have factory provisions for cb's, but they are sized for either one of those crap small chassis units, or a cobra 25. no one out here for any length of time runs these small cb's. you would think after 15 or so years these guys would have done a little more market research for a thing like that

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
GrimJack;1134236 said:
Definitely looks nice. Any pics of the inside in the back? I've always wondered how much living space those sleepers provide...

not very much on this truck. If yoou want a big sleeper, look to the volvo vn770/880, full twin that folds rv style into table. Or kw's studio sleeper series, or a western star with a constellation class sleeper, all those are huge!

here are a coouple shots. we use the upper bunk for storage...it's nothing fancy, but is adequate for our needs

p1136676_1.jpg

p1136676_2.jpg

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
your dash is similar to the layout on my buses, which run Detroit 60's as well.

whats the weight on your rig?