New build problems

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hello everyone, well to start off sorry for the long post, but I have searched but come up with nothing use full. It is a fresh motor, and it is a newly upgraded 57 trim Ct-26. First question is that when the motor was started after it warmed up the oil pressure was at only about 5-6 psi, when I had shimmed the oil pump with 6 washers, at least what I saw was needed on the forum. As far as the oil system it is a larger oil cooler, with a relocated oil filter, and I replaced the oil pump solid line with the SS braided line from driftmotion, and I am using a prosport e-gauge.

My second concern is that when the car is given any throttle, and when released the BOV blows off, and I also hear surging from the turbo. I tried driving the car and it feels heavy with no power, as if when trying to drive in a high gear, and it also sounds as if I had a giant boost leak, but I have also checked all hard pipes as well. I have checked for vacuum leaks, and the gauge also only shows about 7 lbs vacuum at idle. I have a manual prosport gauge that i am using, and as far as the turbo I have a Greddy profec e-01 boost controller. Thanks to all who have read the post, and any input would also be greatly appreciated. Richard

7m2ner

Boosted MA70
Jan 26, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
bump* I understand I no one can help with my second question, but could any one answer my first question about the oil pressure, has any one ever had the same problem after shimming the pump?

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
from what i read around here, at idle the psi will be around what your saying, and around 3krpms it should be a little bit more than 40psi, also have you checked for and codes? and as for the surging that's from the BOV, you will have to adjust it. im just throwing some ideas for you to take a look around, hopefully some one will post with better ideas