new alarm = code 31

canadianbacon

Extra Crispy
Dec 10, 2005
Coquitlam, BC
I have the Maft version 1. I just had a NuStart 2 way alarm put in with an auto start and turbo timer.
The problem is I got in the car and I turned it over and the engine light came on. I stepped on the throttle and had very little to no response. It smelled like it was running rich. It felt like it was choking. My wideband was at 13.4 rather than 14.7 which is at normal at idle.
I was pissed, so I threw code 31. The AFM! I checked all connections to the AFM and everything was hooked up ok.
My question is, would the auto start or the turbo timer in this alarm system be at fault for this? The guys at the shop say no.
My car was running mint before it went in the shop.
The installer said that there was a bunch of wires behind the dash and he bundled them up. My Maft is in the glove box so I am hoping that he just disconnected one or more wires to the Maft.
I want a stand alone now, 'cause this sux!

Last edited:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
canadianbacon said:
...The installer said that there was a bunch of wires behind the dash and he bundled them up. My Maft is in the glove box so I am hoping that he just disconnected one or more wires to the Maft.
I want a stand alone now, 'cause this sux!

there's your problem. the idiots messed with the wiring, probably ended up unplugging power to the MAFT or the MAFT input signal to the ECU.

#1 reason why you don't let anyone touch your car.