New Accordian hard pipe?

Justin727

T-virus infected
Anyone using this new accordian hard pipe kit made out of SS?

Just wondering if there are folks out there running it yet?

I wont be using it on my supra but a buddy was asking and I gave him good feedback about cooleeze but this looks to be very nice..

IMG_4229s.jpg

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
Justin727;918301 said:
the one pictured is backwards. It'll work. But i'd rather have SS other than ceramic coated mild steel..

Although I'm not banging his products at all I run a few. Good products

Well I am just saying that one looks a good bit longer than the cooleze pipe.. I think that would be better to get it closer to the cooler air. The other difference is the lack of threaded hose ports on that one, which is more of a convenience issue than anything.

It looks nice, but the question remains where did that one come from?

Edit: I am gathering that is a new SS version being offered by cooleze, not a pipe from someone else?

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
I've been looking at it as i have yet to hear anything back from Cooleeze on getting their intake w/out the chrome ceramic or in black ceramic. I may end up getting it just to see if its worth anything but it doesn't quite look big enough to my eye...

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Thanks Brad, those pics do help. Especially with the stock accordian next to your cooleeze. I am going to wait for a response from them as i also wanted to get their intercooler pipe kit. But from what i am reading their ship times are horrible. May just get a universal kit and make both. Or at least see if 935 or suprasport has the intake in stock.

ILikeCarsYesIDo: Dont know who makes them but there were at least two sellers on ebay with them. bout 139+23 shipping i think. Still looks a lil small to me.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Reignmaker updated the for sale rules i think 8/07 to inclued this:

G: Absolutely no ebay ads. If you are selling something that you have on ebay, then offer it here for whatever buy it now price you are asking. There are to be no "I have *xxxxx* on ebay, here is the link."

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
that does NOT include posting ebay ads acting about the quality of the item.

If you are selling the item on ebay and post the link, YES, that violates the rules, and it's for the For Sale section...

Reading comprehension....

Justin727

T-virus infected
Yes I understood that, BUT just in case someone was looking to purchase that specific ebay ad. I didn't want to take it away from them..

I wouldn't want someone to do it if I were looking at something.. I guess its my way of showing respect to potential buyers.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Mild steel is fine if it's ceramic coated (inside too)...the ceramic will not rust. In fact, stainless is overkill with a ceramic coating.

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
jdub;918553 said:
Mild steel is fine if it's ceramic coated (inside too)...the ceramic will not rust. In fact, stainless is overkill with a ceramic coating.

I am examining my pipe very closely and I don't think that it is coated on the inside. It is definitely not coated inside the hose ports because it is starting to rust in the threads.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Hmmm...a good coater would coat the inside of piping. I do ;)

If the rad hard pipe is aluminum, it doesn't really matter...it would on steel though.

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
jdub;919002 said:
Hmmm...a good coater would coat the inside of piping. I do ;)

If the rad hard pipe is aluminum, it doesn't really matter...it would on steel though.

I was just sitting here at work and I got to thinking about this thread.. Is it possible for the ceramic to chip off over time? That would be a Very Bad Thing inside an intake pipe...

Just a thought.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Not if it's applied correctly...if there is any oil residue (poor prep) or if an inferior prodect is used, yes. Once ceramic is baked on, it bonds with the metal. I've had to re-coat parts I screwed up when I 1st started doing it...it was a PITA to get off and that was using a blast cabinet.