New 7M Install

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
lol pulled the motor... :(

Seriously, but its for a number of reasons, I believe I have a really dam miss, I want to install a oil filter relocation unit, i'm going to replace the harness with a different one, also I have to install the clutch correctly. so all of these caused us to pull the motor, but from a running motor, to pulled & on the garage floor it only took us a total of 37 mins :) That's pretty quick right? The first time I pulled it, it took nearly 3 weeks haha.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Small update here, ill be purchasing a oil relocation filter tonight or tomorrow, also some new connectors from drift-motion for the work that's needed on the new harness. As of now, I have re timed the motor correctly, to fire. Ill be setting the inition timing via this amazing post by shaeff http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ctions-CPS-alignment&highlight=setting+timing. Also I am just capping off the coolant lines to the IACV, and Throttle body, and just wrapping the line back to the front of the motor. I also re-torqued the head to 85ft lbs. Being that the motor did heat up while tried starting it the first few times, so i'm counting that as one heat cycle...only 4 more to go. I also have a question on the large pipe at the rear of the head, it has a port that goes into the water line that wraps around the block, and the other side doesn't have anything on it. What goes to that? Here are some pictures to give you a better view on what i'm talking about.

Large water pipe, that I have no clue what goes on it.

p1749726_1.jpg

p1749726_2.jpg

Correctly timed with everything on zero, and the belt tight this time.

p1749726_3.jpg

A little hard to see, and it makes it look like it a little ahead of the zero, but I cant figure out how to focus this camera

p1749726_4.jpg

p1749726_5.jpg

p1749726_6.jpg

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Another small update, I got the throw-out assembly back together after a buddy let me use his already assembled one as a template. Looks and feels a lot better in the pressure plate. The throw out is also not moving forward which is exactly what you want, you need the slave cylinders hydraulic pressure to move it back and forth. That being said, I installed the slave, and clutch fork, also greased up everything nice and well. Only thing left on the lift to to purchase some connectors from drift-motion asap, wire them into the harness, and make sure to get a steady 12v too my ECU for the batt.(Battery), +B(ECU memory), +B1(ECU memory), and when the motor is in the car the IG (ignition). Other then that the motor is correctly timed, and the clutch is all squared away, minus bleeding the system. Till then, sit tight every one, this is going to be awesome when I finally get it started correctly.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
OK finally got power to all wires that need there constant, and the wires that require less voltage at certain times....I also figured out where the last harness plug goes which runs up to the cluster, and now my CEL is coming on. Its not throwing any codes yet but I haven't gotten it re-started as of yet. I'm trying to wire in my 12 volt relay mod for the starter again but cant quite get it and idk why. But I'm not giving up and hopefully ill have it started by today.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Well today I reset the timing, and got her running :) its loud and proud. Well its open elbow so lol. I haven't been able to get the motor to rev so testing the TPS for signal are next on the list. After that, getting my key to be able to start the motor will be next on the list. The stock signal wire for the starter was hooked up for the 12v relay mod. So that will be fun. Till then ill be trying to figure out a way to get the video posted.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Here are a few videos that i was finally able to post on here....a few people have seen them, but im still having trouble getting hte motor to rev. So here they are :)

This is of the motor first trying to start, but the CPS was off

This is when I finally got it started, its loud because its open turbo elbow so turn down your volume lol.

And Finally getting ready to call it ready to go, but then it doesn't want to rev at all. This shows that I can open the throttle body up by hand and it doesn't gain in RPM's it does even stall....and something should happen.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Ok I finally received a new harness but, the harness is from a 91 or 92 car, my car is a 89 and the chassis plugs don't fit.....so I told the guy I bought it from ill send it back and hopefully he can send me a different one he has that will fit.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
OK I got my 12 volt 30 amp relay mod hook up correctly finally, and it starts via the key yay:) But when I would go to put the key to the on position, the EFI fuse would blow. But I was told to check the o2 sensor and make sure it wasn't grounding out. So I hooked that up correctly, and also ran the ground for the lower part of the engine block next to the engine mount, and bolted down the relay itself just in case it needed to be. So now the EFI fuse isn't blowing which is a good sign. I don't know what fixed it but its fixed, I hope. I'm pulling codes 22 (water thermostat housing), and 41 (TPS)...I know why its throwing 22...non of the sensors on the water neck are hooked up. But the TPS i'm guessing because its not tuned it yet. can anyone chim in on it needing to be tuned it to start? Because right now its now kicking over. I have tried messing with the CPS, but it just doesn't want to go. Ill check to make sure i'm getting spark...but i'm pretty sure I am.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Ok, got it started again.....it revs on its own to 2500-2600....then stops and drops to about 800. Then goes back up to the 2500 and drops, and does it over and over. Im thinking a major vacuum leak. So boost leak tester it is.