New 5th gear for the R154 - how about a taller overdrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Clueless;1299875 said:
Hey doward, you're going to be running some long term real world test for these right? Just saying, before you sell a bunch of them....

Going to beat the ever loving shit out of the prototype before I sell a single one.

Test car we'll be using runs about 1-1.5 car lengths slower to ~130ish than a known 122-124 trapping C5 Vette ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I am going to produce 5 sets. I will be offering rebuild services for 5 transmissions.

That'll be it until the next time I get some free time to do another set :) Hopefully in a month or so, after those transmissions (if anyone has me do any work) are done, I'll have the time to do another set of 4-5

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm not going to guarantee that. Could be a month, could be a year, could be never again.

Basically, I'm going to do them in very small runs when I can.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Doward, when the prototype is done being tested i want one. I can install this thing myself, or are you going to require us to send the trans all the way to you?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Doward;1300576 said:
Nope, if you've got someone local to do the work, or want to tackle it yourself, I'm perfectly fine with that!

Let me know when you start selling!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Doward, like I said if/when these are ready to go, let me know and I'll have paypal sent as soon as you give me the word.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Pics of a transmission getting 100% blueprinted ;)

And sorry guys, someone's already contacted me about buying the blueprinted transmission. The only things getting re-used are the gearsets and shafts.

All new snap rings, blueprinted to proper specs. All new spacers / bearings / synchros / seals.

New 5th gear on the right, old one on the left. :)

Plan is to finish this up by this weekend and drop the transmission off with Jeff for installation and testing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.