Never again hack your harness to fit injectors!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Unfortunately, yes, there's about $20 worth of clips and $10 worth of terminals and wire there - the rest is pure profit for them. If we could find the denso connector they use however, you could knock them out way cheaper.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
the evo1 injector clips that fit the rc injectors are less then $.50 through TE, formally tyco, amp etc.. The pins/terminals cost less then $.20.. I'd say less then 2 bucks in parts there... The entire harness can have new terminals and connectors for less then $50 quite easily if you know the original part numbers or current part numbers. Some connectors arent available like the tps one but there are work arounds. Now the proper crimps will set you back way more then $100..biggest issue is the ecu pins specifically the 40 series. This is all from experience, I just finished a full harness rebuild. There is over 400 ft of wire in the engine harness!!

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
man i wish they had these before. I looked into doing something like this when I went 550's and actually sourced the plugs. Unfortunately they only want lots of 1000+ for an order.....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They have had these for quite some time. And you can make your own for rather cheap as grimreaper said.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
search through TE's sealed connectors. The water temp senders, ecu and many other connectors are still made by Te and available in small quantities through companies like onlinecomponents.com. Their junior power timer series will work for the tps and some of the body plugs can be found through them as well. Easternbeaver will have most of the rest you cant find through te. Dont know about the stock injector plugs, I dont use those and never bothered to look. The male connector looks familiar though from my search through te's product lines. I switched any plug i could to weatherpack under the hood.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
didnt know that, its not listed on his site. Funny too, I called multiple times, voice mails and 2 emails with 0 response... Arron (driftmotion) has one similar to the one i used, you have to remove the tps locating tabs but perfect fit and he will sell the pins with out wires.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
the newer ones have a different clip, you push it, it expands and you remove the connector. No need for any tools or prying the clip out.