Need VIN....factory 1jz-ri54 car. Overseas help please!

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Im a tech at the local lexus dealership and Im trying to buy a Jz-R154 bellhousing new OEM for my 2jzmk2 swap.
At my cost I get a great deal on it..only problem, they cancelled my order the day after saying that the only way to get them in the states is to provide a vin from a car that came factory equipped with that part.

So looking for help from someone with one of these cars to shoot me the vin so I can make the order.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Someone just posted in their build thread, that there are 7 in Texas right now. Lemme see if I can find it..

Ah- it was the 'other' forum. Flubyux said they're at Courtesy Toyota in Texas, but I can't find that dealership.
Waiting for him to respond to my query.

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
supraguy@aol;1925128 said:
Part # 31111-14111
Try Champion Toyota - 800 327-2087

I have the part number. Have already tracked down all 13 in the States.

Thats not the problem..they will not sell/ship them out to other dealerships (only way I can get my dealer discount) without a vin.

garagefujimoto, thanks for the vin. Ill try it on monday when Im back at work with my parts dept. head whos helping me out with this.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Ebay for $365 plus $25 shipping. Factory toyota bellhousing. Does not make since that you need a vin # to order a part through toyota. I called dealer I used to work at and there are 14 in the warehouse. They acted like it would be no problem to order it. Ebay price not to far from employee dealer price.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Doesn't matter that there are 14 at the warehouse, Toyota USA won't release these without a VIN. There are several other parts coded as such as well (3S-GTE 3rd gen timing belt, several AE86 JDM parts that were loaded in the USA system previously, etc.).

Jeff

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Jeff Lange;1926569 said:
Doesn't matter that there are 14 at the warehouse, Toyota USA won't release these without a VIN. There are several other parts coded as such as well (3S-GTE 3rd gen timing belt, several AE86 JDM parts that were loaded in the USA system previously, etc.).

Jeff

yup. and it has to be an imported JDM car that has been registered in the states with a US vin. Now confirmed that through two different dealerships trying to get me the part.
Looks like Ill be getting one elsewhere