need the "where to start off" link (this can be deleted as soo as the link is shared)

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
sorry about the bother, i just needed help on finding the link to the thread that states where to start off. I just got my supra a day ago nd i dont know what to do first so if anyone would post the link to the thread that im pretty sure has been created before, that would be great help, nd you can delete this thread asap

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Punctuation is the first start. Second is to make sure the car is healthy. Change all fluids, do a compression test, make sure every thing is tight and connections are clean. Inspect the turbo for shaft play.
After that, exhaust and an upgraded airfilter is always a wonderful start.
I do not have access to the BPU link due to being on a mobile.

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well hey, that'll work. Thanks for the help bro. I would of asked the question bluntly but i knew th question was already asked

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Check the suspension. Shake every part and get under there with a pry bar and check those bushings. You might even seen it needs replacing without even checking it as it might be busted. Check the rear subframe for cracks. Check all electrical connections as well.

The youngest MKIII is going to be 19 and soon to be 20 years old, these things will need replacing.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If you're looking for a staged mods list, I never saw one here, but one of the other forums has one. It's from 2003 though... so keep that in mind.

I don't know if linking to other forums is allowed, so I won't post a link here.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
destrux;1782750 said:
If you're looking for a staged mods list, I never saw one here, but one of the other forums has one. It's from 2003 though... so keep that in mind.

I don't know if linking to other forums is allowed, so I won't post a link here.
Linking to other forums is certainly allowed, so don't hold back. We do have this information here somewhere as well.

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thats good info that imma save im my bookmarks, but not what im talking about. Basically what im asking is "i have a 88 supra (got it the other day) and i want to know where to start modding". The reason why i asked for a link is because i didnt want to be the 1500th person asking this question. I've been in a forum before and i never thought i could have a grudge with people over the internet.....lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
W3bstar;1782791 said:
Thats good info that imma save im my bookmarks, but not what im talking about. Basically what im asking is "i have a 88 supra (got it the other day) and i want to know where to start modding". The reason why i asked for a link is because i didnt want to be the 1500th person asking this question. I've been in a forum before and i never thought i could have a grudge with people over the internet.....lol
Read the second post in the thread I linked to above...

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
MDCmotorsports;1782691 said:
Punctuation is the first start. Second is to make sure the car is healthy. Change all fluids, do a compression test, make sure every thing is tight and connections are clean. Inspect the turbo for shaft play.After that, exhaust and an upgraded airfilter is always a wonderful start.
I do not have access to the BPU link due to being on a mobile.

maybe he made his sig after this post but, its an NA ;)
and to OP, as stated before, its just like any other car. before you start throwing money at it for mods, make sure its safe/reliable.