need some help with my idle PLEASE!!!

mk3 for life!

Project Soupracharged
Ok so i did an na-t build, and started it up and the engine idled like crap... it was a little lopey and i had a hissing coming from around the intake manifold, i sprayed carb cleaner at the intake mounting surfaces and it seemed anywhere i sprayed around the intake would make it idle up. I assumed the intake manifold may have gotten distorted so i get the other manifold set i have and take it to the machine shop to have it checked and use the same t/b put it back together and now it starts and idles a rough then starts to surge up and down between 900 and 2000. big hesitation when throttle opens, and i still have the hissing around the intake. the union for the brake booster was plugged, replaced it, i tried another isc valve but left the check valve and seal out, dont know if it matters, the coupler between the 3k pipe and t/b was dry rotted so i replaced it. i cant use carb cleaner anymore because of the surging, i sprayed all over the pace and it just keeps surging up and down, i need some suggestions... sorry for the length i just wanted to explain all the details