Need some help (Cage)

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
I have an importer that can get me a cusco cromoly 6pt cage..... the issue is they have never sold one to the US and can not guarantee the fitment in a LHD car.....

has anyone installed a cusco 6pt cage in a LHD supra...... was there any fitment problems?

any input will help

thanks

joe

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
if its a 6pt it doesnt have forward bars. the rear section of the lhd and rhd are the same. i dont see what the problem would be.

i thought i remembered a guy in canada having one in his car. i'll see if i can find pics. dont know the guy, so not sure if he had to mod anything or not. but like i said since its a 6pt i dont see where there could be a problem.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
supra8903 said:
a six point does have forward bars

never seen a 6pt w/ forward bars. sure it isnt an 8pt?

6pt is main hoop (2points) rear bars (2 points) and diagonal bars from hoop support to trans tunnel (2 points)

or does this cage not have the diag bars and uses front bars instead?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
gotcha. thats not what im used to, which is why i was confused. i dont remem the guy in canada having forward bars. still looking for the pic.

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
drjonez said:
won't pass ANY tech.

just a useless bunch of bars for you to whack your body parts against in an accident....

But it says Cusco on it :naughty:

The picture you put up looks symetrical, but if it's off an inch at the dash you would have to mod it somewhat.

supra8903

Jan 12, 2006
Latham, NY
my car is pretty much just a show car.... so i don't see what is ricer about it..... im just wondering if anyone can coment about fitment