need second opinion on what to do

88turbosupr

Apr 8, 2014
minnesota
Just got a bone stock 1991 white edition turbo automatic Targa top the only thing it has its the 255 fuel pump and pressure regulator what should I do

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
Drive it?

But really. Inspect everything, do the basic maintenance, oil/coolant change, check belts/hoses, spark plug/wires. Maybe a transmission/differential flush, compression test to verify headgasket, Etc.

Once you do that and your engine is running strong, you can start with the mods. It all depends on what you're trying to do. Search through the forums for the upgrade list and just learn everything you can about these cars. Other than that, clarify exactly what you're trying to figure out and there's tons of people on here that will help you out.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I am assuming that the car runs fine.

Go check all the fluid levels and drive the car.

Put lots of miles and smiles on the car and you.

The MKIII platform is a great driving car. Drive it and if you want to start with basis BPU upgrades great.

Before you do any Mods. Make sure all the basic wear items have been changed. Hoses, belts, fluids, filters, plugs and wires, timing belt with seals, valve cover gaskets and a throttle body service can't hurt. These are basic engine wear items that are real budget busters when you start to improve your car.

The car has some wear items also. Ball joints mostly lower ones. Check all underneath componets. I bet all of the alignment bolts are seized to bushings front and rear. Big time PITA but needed to align car. Once you have done all the wear items it would be a while before you would need to do again. Then you can drive car and plan your mods if so desired. IMO.

Show us some pictures and go drive that car.