Need pics of OEM wipers on the arm...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Hey guys, I need some pics of the MKIII with OEM wiper blades mounted on the arms... not any wipers using adapters. I need pics from a couple different angles. One looking down at the arm (so the blade is half covered by the arm) and one looking along the windshield (profile showing both blade and arm).

I've picked up a little something for my car and need to see if it'll clear.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here you go. Don't mind the dirtyness. Hasn't been washed since I started the swap. These work for you?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Thanks.

Hmmm... I'm not sure how I'm going to mount this. I thought the OEM blades mounted under the arms not above them.

I also need a shot looking down along the windshield toward the hood. If you can oblige, doesn't need to show both, just a good view of one.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Actually that's perfect! Thanks!

I grabbed some on-arm windshield sprayers. Just trying to figure out the best location to mount them. They're pretty cool, they're the fluidic type (I think that's what people were referring to them as) like the newer Camry has. These mount on the bottom of the arm not the hood. I didn't know if the OEM blades would be less in the way of the spray pattern.

Thanks again!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Why does toyota discontinue items like wiper arms? Surely they're more of a needed item than some of the things they discontinue?

I had a bitch of a time trying to find a wiper arm from any stealership and in the end, gave up :(

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I replaced all mine with bosch icons (not cheap, but worth it) the wiper arms are easy, sand em smooth and do a bunch of thin coats of engine enamel (stain black). looks brand new too. I DO have the original rear wiper somewhere though (I know it's original, has that old toyota symbol on it that they use in odd places) on to the pics!
p603499_1.jpg

p603499_2.jpg

p603499_3.jpg

p603499_4.jpg

p603499_5.jpg

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I refinished mine as well. They're a nice gloss black and it made one hell of a difference in the overall appearance of the car... at least to me.

Kai, if you can't find replacement arms you might try drilling out the screws. Soak them in penetrating oil first and when the drill bit bites into the metal the remnants of the screws will usually break loose. I've had good luck with this on a couple cars.