Need MAP sensor for 2JZ GE JDM

sammy

Feb 4, 2010
Victoria BC
Hello

Im doing a 2jz ge jdm swap into a 1990 supra.....
I am searching through the forums trying to find more information on the 2jz map sensor, and cannot find it so am hoping someone will respond who can help me.
I have a 1990 supra that a friend is helping me fix, however he doesnt have the time or seemingly care about this project anymore as he has been tinkering on it for 2 bloody years. This is what i know:
We had the old harness mated w the new one by dr tweak, and almost everything has been done.... the car fires up but dies within a few seconds.
Looked at the current map sensor on the firewall of the car, it is the old one from the 90 turbo..... so we are thinking i need the 94 map sensor....
the closest thing i can find is this omnipower GM 4 bar map sensor, the guy i talked to on the phone says it comes w pegtail and 3 wires, just needs wiring in.
My question is, will this MAP sensor work with my car?
Thanks!!
Sam

sammy

Feb 4, 2010
Victoria BC
Yes the JDM GE also requires a map...... apparently it doesnt use the same as the GTE, however, it seems that a 2JZGE JDM map sensor doesnt exist!!!

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
I'm not positive if it will work, but I know some of the older camrys and mr2s (even n/a) have a map sensor of some sort. Being that they're GE, I would give one of those a try since you can get em cheap at a junkyard. They're located on the firewall on both cars iirc, wanna say passenger side on the mr2.