Need help!

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
It's in your Wideband control manual.
Different procedure for every wideband.... but on a Innovative MTX-L its like this:

Remove o2 sensor from exhaust, hang it in fresh free air.
Disconnect 02 sensor from controller
Start up Controller, an an error will be displayed (I don't remember exactly what code it was right now)
Shut down controller again, connect Wideband (yes, its still in free air)
Fire up controller.... it should state "CAL" in the wideband display.
Once the "CAL" is gone, it's calibrated and it starts to show AFR's again (should peak at 22 AFR's or similar).
Then you can install it to your exhaust system again and go for a spin.

It's recommended to calibrate your wideband every month with normal use.... if you are racing, you should do it before each trackday.
If you soak it with gasoline or carbon because of ECU problems or similar, let it dry and always re-calibrate before trusting the readings.
Never clean the sensor with anything....I fucked my o2 sensor by just cleaning it with water, that was 100$ down the toilet....

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Radial;1906897 said:
It's in your Wideband control manual.
Different procedure for every wideband.... but on a Innovative MTX-L its like this:

Remove o2 sensor from exhaust, hang it in fresh free air.
Disconnect 02 sensor from controller
Start up Controller, an an error will be displayed (I don't remember exactly what code it was right now)
Shut down controller again, connect Wideband (yes, its still in free air)
Fire up controller.... it should state "CAL" in the wideband display.
Once the "CAL" is gone, it's calibrated and it starts to show AFR's again (should peak at 22 AFR's or similar).
Then you can install it to your exhaust system again and go for a spin.

It's recommended to calibrate your wideband every month with normal use.... if you are racing, you should do it before each trackday.
If you soak it with gasoline or carbon because of ECU problems or similar, let it dry and always re-calibrate before trusting the readings.
Never clean the sensor with anything....I fucked my o2 sensor by just cleaning it with water, that was 100$ down the toilet....

Great to know, I have a prosport and I have NEVER calibrated since I installed it haha. i'll give it a shot.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
if its the Emanage blue, you would just need to add a jumper-wire on the MAP-signal pins (MAP signal is the only sensor the emanage interrupts)
Then you can disconnect the e-manage, and it should run entirely on the stock ECU without interference.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Radial;1907581 said:
if its the Emanage blue, you would just need to add a jumper-wire on the MAP-signal pins (MAP signal is the only sensor the emanage interrupts)
Then you can disconnect the e-manage, and it should run entirely on the stock ECU without interference.

Does this include the addition of the ignition harness?

I have factory injectors.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
I'm not sure...because it depends on how its installed.
If you have the "male and female" quick disconnect plugs on your ignition harness.... it should be easy, but if its all soldered its allot more work.

ignition_harness.JPG

You can see the emanage manual drawing states "Male" and "Female" connectors at each end of the ignition harness..... so it would be easy to go back to stock configuration. But many has probably soldered those connections instead, leaving you stuck with "adding" temporary jumper-wires in the emanage plug until you have found the problem.

Jumperwire everything back to stock...all the aftermarket ecu's just fuck up everything on a stock ecu.

Last edited:

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Radial;1908173 said:
I'm not sure...because it depends on how its installed.
If you have the "male and female" quick disconnect plugs on your ignition harness.... it should be easy, but if its all soldered its allot more work.

View attachment 64290

You can see the emanage manual drawing states "Male" and "Female" connectors at each end of the ignition harness..... so it would be easy to go back to stock configuration. But many has probably soldered those connections instead, leaving you stuck with "adding" temporary jumper-wires in the emanage plug until you have found the problem.

Jumperwire everything back to stock...all the aftermarket ecu's just fuck up everything on a stock ecu.

Yeah mine are def. all soldered in. I'll see what I can get done.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Here is an update boys and girls! So my friend came over and after connecting emanage I didn't find much. I created a new MAP and uploaded it completely deleting the old one, after start up the car ran instantly better. 14.8 AFRs while driving and under boost around 12.4 and 11.9 WOT, my next plan is to do the ECU relearn as the ECU relearned on incorrect data.

The one thing I saw was that the MAP voltage going into Emanage was 1.5V and Emanage was outputting to the ECU 1.25V, I don't know if this caused an issue but it seemed strange. the other thing I noticed is that once I added the new MAP the MAP voltage was almost the same (For the input and output).

I'm going to try and get my old map and reload it and see what that is... I forgot how much Fuel Cut sucks haha.