Need help with cf hood

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
okay, so i got the gt concept hood in cf from carbon creations and put it on a few days ago. it didnt line up quite right, but i havent had time to work on it. today i did. i spent about an hour and a half finding what it hit and adjusting the stops, but the drivers side keeps looking like this
p1575299_1.jpg

i cant find anything its hitting, or whats keeping it up that high.
any idea on how i can fix it?
is the hood just warped?

thanks for any help guys

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What are your clearances on the front and back of the hood? If they match across both ends, then chances are, it is warped. Then you would want to call them back and let them know that you have a pic of it after installation, and everything is lined up properly, but that it still has issues. They shouldn't mind taking this one back and shooting another one.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
is your frame straight..?

are you using any washers, or OEM bolts..?

also, try to get in contact with other buyers, and see if it's a design flaw, or if it's a unique case..

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I had the same scenario with my stout hood and I just installed the pins at the sides. If you warm up your engine bay it will recess.

Pins installed:
2edmaus.jpg

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
ive driven with it for a few days raised up like that. when i initially put it on i thought i could just adjust it to fit better later. it doesnt change whether the engine bays hot or cold.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
crimson88;1575343 said:
ive driven with it for a few days raised up like that. when i initially put it on i thought i could just adjust it to fit better later. it doesnt change whether the engine bays hot or cold.

Yikes....Then you need to send that back and don't force it with the pins.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
T701jz, are you using just the two pins on the sides, or 2 pins on the sides and 2 pins toward the nose of the hood?