need help supra wont start!

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
ok so i did a is300 cop upgrade and turn on the car it drove fine, went around the block a couple a times everything was good. park it and called it a night and next morning i try to turn it on and it wouldnt. it cranks but doesnt turn on.

checked the usual, cps wires, grounds,battery terminals(green wire too),efi fuse,make sure vall plugs are plug up good and all other fuses but nothing then i noticed that when i crank it, the rpms dont jump like they use too when i cranked it.

then i noticed that when i put the ignition key on and turn it (not to start it but just to get the lights on the dash on) the check engine light wasnt comming on at all.

ive heard thats the ecu not getting signal, so i check the ground for the ecu and theyre good.
you guys think it could be the head/main relay??

any help is really appreciated!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Id start by double and triple checking the wires for cps and coils.

Then check the timing is still on.

Edit : just saw the CEL doesn't come on at all. Check the ecu plugs are firmly connected also.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
thanks for the reply mr turbo.lol

forgot to add that i checked the ecu plugs to make sure theyre tight and yes. was thinking of taking them of and replug them.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I've got the exact same on my 89, I think it could actually be the CPS itself. Let me know if you figure it out, my car's been down for a while because of it..

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
peste noire;1853176 said:
then i noticed that when i put the ignition key on and turn it (not to start it but just to get the lights on the dash on) the check engine light wasnt comming on at all!

have you tested for voltage at ecu terminals?
have you checked the efi fuse? did you use a multimeter to confirm 12v on both sides of fuse?

no CEL no ecu

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
remove the easiest plug wire to get to...insert a spare or old spark plug
lay spark plug on the valve cover or the highest point
crank engine and look at spark plug...night time makes it easier....
swap the efi fuse out anyway with another 15amp fuse...then see if it runs

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
my bad. saw it last time but wasnt sure what ign(igniton?) and gauge was and forgot to ask( although thats why trsm is here for).
well as an update the efi fuse is getting 11.8 bolts in both sides of the fuse. got my hands on a voltmeter :)