need help engine harness was cut

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
i just got a 89 turbo 5sp for 500 what a good deal

unfortunately the harness has been tampered with

i was wondering what the two stray wires go too? im pretty sure one is a temp gauge wire/ but i dont know which one

i think the yellow wire wrapped in gray with a silver wire coming out goes too the O2 sensor. there is a yellow wire on the clip for the O2 sensor but i dont see a gray or silver wire

is the Yell/silver wires supposed to go in there?

thanks

Attachments

• O2 sensor plug.jpg
    O2 sensor plug.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 25
  • thermostat wires.jpg
    thermostat wires.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 23

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
this is what i would do. get a supra buddy, which i know there are plenty in oregon, hook up everything as much as possible...as clean as possible...and look at the other supra for reference.

it should become more and more common sense as to "oh this isnt working...so i'll check there.." type of deal. process of elimination. or you could buy a toyota supra wiring diagram book then you'll take out the guess work. toyota has the absolute BEST factory wiring diagram.

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
str8_6;1193058 said:
this is what i would do. get a supra buddy, which i know there are plenty in oregon, hook up everything as much as possible...as clean as possible...and look at the other supra for reference.

it should become more and more common sense as to "oh this isnt working...so i'll check there.." type of deal. process of elimination. or you could buy a toyota supra wiring diagram book then you'll take out the guess work. toyota has the absolute BEST factory wiring diagram.

thanks but im sure someone at SM can help me

PLEASE HELP ME

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
get a diagram.. like the PP said.. toyota has BADASS diagrams.

Also.. if it helps.. when wire is usually "wrapped" with silver wire, The innermost wire will be the power or signal wire, and the wrapping intertwined wire will be the ground.

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
jetjock;1193081 said:
Yellow/green is temp gage. The other is O2. Connect it and cut off the shield where it exits the jacket. And never beg...are ye man or mouse?

thanks for the help

i thought please and thankyou were more manners not beggin 4 sh$t

if you know what i mean

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^Great link Ken, I didn't have time this morning to find that one. That is a great deal compared to the $500+ new harness. I think that is a far better choice thAn trying to find a perfect match through the parts for sale. There are so many different ones. You get good wires, good connectors, and it will definitely fit when you get it. You never know if something will be different buying a used one.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
ForcedTorque;1193581 said:
You never know if something will be different buying a used one.

Also, if you purchase a used harness, you can't be sure of how good the condition the wiring harness will be in when you receive it. Look at the problem I had with the used harness I traded for.

If you do end up getting a different harness, just get a new harness or pay to have your current harness rewired. Don't take a chance on buying a used harness. It's just not worth the trouble.