Need help ASAP!

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hey,
I need help right now so I can get my car running before tomorrow, I won't sleep well unless this car runs! Take a look at my picture. Where does the connector circled in red go!? It's attached to the group of wires, one going to the tranny, one going to the starter, and this one I forgot where it goes! My engine turns over but it isn't starting and I hope to god this connector is to blame and it'll roar to life when I connect it, so where does it go guys!?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Not the groud wires, those are safetly connected to the intake manifold you can actually sorta see them in the pic. It's an 88 supra. I know this connector has to go somewhere and it must be important. The connector is sorta clearish greyish whitish :icon_razz .
eric

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Theres a clip that goes on the bottom of the starter, I missed on that you said its turning over so probally not it.

can you get a better pic real quick.

one more thing turbo or N/A, manual auto?

Edit, in the pic get where the plug is coming from the main harness.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I am thinking its the connector that goes to the vacume sensing gismo bolted to the block under the intake mani. Thats my best guess from the photo

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's a 4 wire connector, with colours; yellow, red, blue, and black wires.
I plugged the brown wire into the end of the starter closest to the flywheel, are you saying there is another connection on the underside of the starter?
That would be possible for this as the length might reach down that far, any other guesses from the description I gave?
eric

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
hmmm, Could be the skid control sensor wire if your car has ABS. I dont have my connections to check though.

Nope skid control plug is 6. Im pretty sure its gonna be to the transmission, on my harness its attached with all the wires down to the tranny and not dangling like yours.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I cant think of what it goes to. I wish I still had a Supra with the engine in it. All thats down there is the starter, VSV, and the transmission. Im guessing its a spare plug for something we dont have.

thuggs17

Jun 21, 2006
Lincoln Deleware
was this car turbo before because if it was that is probably the four wire plug for the knock sensor which in the turbo version it is right behind the starter i assumed this by all the parts you are selling oh by the way I'm interested in the pistons and rods i got a turbo version with a bad piton or rod don't know yet

Last edited:

bryank

Feb 28, 2006
Bournemouth, UK
Yellow 13 said:
Its a semi clear plug, the wires are red, blue, black and yellow.

Hiya,

Checked mine and it's connected to a connector block from the gearbox. There are two round connectors and a 4-way clear plug that all connect to wiring from the 'box. There is a 6-way plug there as well that doesn't connect to anything and just dangles..

(these are on a UK n/a but i think they are the same)

hope that helps :icon_bigg

cheers,

Bryan