need help ASAP

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
ok so im doing a head gasket job on my 89 i have a build thread going i just figured id get an answer faster on here
so i pulled the head today got the head completely striped down cams valves everythings off so i fliped the head over to start cleaning and was looking at the coolant passages on the exhaust side of the head and there all corroded and pitted one of them is really really bad im gonna try to get a pic or two up here in a bit
the thing is that the head gasket wasn't blown that bad it was internally leaking but wasn't pressurizing the system as in pushing it out the over flow just blew a little smoke on start up and exhaust smelt sweet and would drink coolant (bird cage on about every 2 days)
so heres my ? im sposed to drop the head off tomorrow to get resurfaced am i wasting my time...? or is this a common problem keep in mind im using a factor head gasket (Toyota) and ARP bolts at 85ft
any suggestions?
thanks
justin
PS pics soon!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------
build thread ....
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?123769-89-turbo-build-and-bhg-repair

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
ok pic update
cylinder #5
p1576942_1.jpg

p1576942_2.jpg

cylinder #4
p1576942_3.jpg

p1576942_4.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Any Machine Shop Can Clean That Head, Mill And Clean And Weld The Spots In The Cooling Jackets. Ask Around And Find A Good Machine Shop Because It Will Cost You A Lot Less.

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
i allready got the machine shop picked out i dident notice this till today i talked to the guy on friday... told him id bring it by on monday.. very good guy works all by him self been doing it for 30 years built my friends 7m and rebuilt the heads on my moms odessy
so u think he will be able to fix it?