Need FAST help, where to buy some parts

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
OK, I need to get head bolts, new, not ARP bc no place in Houston has them. I just need head bolts that will last me iono, 1000 miles and Ill get ARPs.

I also need to know if I can get a tool anywhere to replace my valves, I took out the exhaust side and now they need to be put back in, I also lost ONE valve lock, where can I get that?

Thanks for all the help guys, Im hoping to have it back on the road by sunday, I just picked up a hoist, stand and torque wrench for about $250. Northern Tools rocks.

87targa

Nov 14, 2005
Utah
what you can do is go to a local speed shop and find some bolts that are the same length, pitch, and size as the stock ones? um or go find some high grade bolts from a local store that does bolts?

i don't know man. rushing a job like that usually leads to problems.

y not wait until you get what u need and put it together?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
s383mmber1 said:
Rushing projects lke this ALWAYs leads to problems.

Guys please, I understand all of that but I just need help with what I asked. Id rather not get any lectures. I need to get it done this weekend, if the engine blows again, fuck it it blows, I dont care, but for reasons I wont get into I need to do this NOW.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
What happened to the stock bolts you took out when you took it apart? I would re-use those for the time being. Since we are already deep into friday night, I would say getting something overnighted isnt gonna get you done before Tuesday at the earliest. Try a toyota dealership? junkyard for stockers? thats about all I can offer.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
theWeezL said:
What happened to the stock bolts you took out when you took it apart? I would re-use those for the time being. Since we are already deep into friday night, I would say getting something overnighted isnt gonna get you done before Tuesday at the earliest. Try a toyota dealership? junkyard for stockers? thats about all I can offer.

Problem is my stockers look like halfway down the thread is missing... not sure if I can or not, MAYBE. Turns out I have this weekend and next now, so more time and about $400 more dollars to spend, I SHOULD be ok. I just hope I can get it all done in time, I need my car back asap.

Im going cheap and bandaiding this motor so itll run a while longer than Ill get my 1jz or rebuild my GTE over that time period, I should be ok.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
phoenix6 said:
OK, I need to get head bolts, new, not ARP bc no place in Houston has them. I just need head bolts that will last me iono, 1000 miles and Ill get ARPs.

I also need to know if I can get a tool anywhere to replace my valves, I took out the exhaust side and now they need to be put back in, I also lost ONE valve lock, where can I get that?

Thanks for all the help guys, Im hoping to have it back on the road by sunday, I just picked up a hoist, stand and torque wrench for about $250. Northern Tools rocks.

Man, I may have my old ones from when I put the arp studs in, prolly in my old bolt can.

will look tomorrow for ya.

Wayne

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
ah all good, I think mine might be ok, I looked last night, they arnt stripped at all, it was dirt covering it, looked like they stripped.

-Maniac-

They call me Nate.
Aug 25, 2005
Birmingham, AL
If you are in a rush, I would definitly reuse the stock bolts. Just clean them up and go. If that won't work, go to Advance Auto Parts online store, partsamerica.com. They have every stock engine part I've ever needed, and get them rushed.

Nate .... Nate Dawg

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
3rdtimearound said:
where are you at in H town?

Thanks so far guys for ALL of the help.

Hey, im on the NW side, about 5 mins from 249 going north on 1960. NEAR willowbrook.

Maniac, great help so far with the other posts too, I used to live in Wetumpka alabama 20 mins out of montgomery.