Need advice on Oil Soft line

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Will be picking a Oil Soft line soon and just need some people's input if you have one installed on your car. How easy was the installation ? Any issues anyone had with it ? Any Changes your noticed from Stock one to Soft line. The AN line going into the block, on driftmotion it states that after 3 turns it should get hard and don't force all the way, anyone had issues with it, like where it came out loose or anything ??

People with a soft line installed, any advice would be helpful

thanks.

EDIT: This is the line, i m talking about.

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-7moilpumphose-8an.php

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i did not use one in my build but i'll quote these two things
it has a banjo fitting on the end coming out of the oil pump which is horrible for flow, and it also is a crush bent tube, which hinders flow at every bend.

the stock 7mgte oil cooler design is a very poor engineered one. it is a pressure controlled spring that regulates oil flow to the oil cooler and then back to the pan once a certain pressure is reached. this spring also wears and would need changed, but since even a new spring still allows oil pressure to be wasted and fed back to the pan, it should at the minimum be replaced with a spin on adapter for a oil filter relocation kit.

i'll be addressing the oil cooler design later on after my build is done and im sure everything is running correctly

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Well the only reason that i was planning on replacing the line was, "I thought" that it would help flow little better. but if it's the same, either way. why go threw the hassle. If it broken, why fix it right :) ?

Thanks for the input guys.