Need Advice on a car.

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
So the last time I posted on here I got a good result. I was wondering if some people can help me see things outside the box right now. So my 2.5RS took a crap on me, and I've been thinking for a while to get something diffrent maybe a four door. So I came across this four door 1996 Sti Type-RA. Yes its straight from Japan, it has 32k on it and the thing looks amazing. Its selling for $12,000 neg. So I'm already going to sell the RS and buy something but I'm stuck on what to do.> 1 Should I but this STi and NOT fix the Supra or 2 Should I forget about the STi and FIX the supra? Please dont be against the Subaru I know this is a Supra fourm haha. If I fix the Supra I will be saving money, but I need something reliable. Or last option forget about the STi and the Supra and buy something diffrent. Sorry for it being long but I'm really stuck. Thanks for the help in advance.

JENNY!

Supracute
Mar 29, 2006
Dublin, CA
www.myspace.com
buy something that will get you around and is nice while fixing the supra. like me, im buying a 1996 240sx for 1,200 bucks because it needs a knock sensor (lol) then thats going to be the DD while the sup. is under the knife :]

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
Sure, it just so happens I'm a picture whore. Especially on my cars.
p485066_1.jpg

p485066_2.jpg

p485066_3.jpg

p485066_4.jpg

p485066_5.jpg

p485066_6.jpg

p485066_7.jpg

OK I'll stop.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
holy shiz thats a nice RS ive always wondered what those 2 door cars were called.. ive always wanted it... wanna sell it to me cheap? lol

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Nice Lookin RS
That is one of the only Subaru models I could ever justify myself to having. Im just not into having a 4dr.
What is exactly wrong with it?

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
Well, I was on the BLVD. and I was in full boost and I shifted from 3rd to 4th and I lost all boost. A minute later my car was full of smoke and oil was all over. I had a blown turbo so i bought another one and then I start her up and it turns out she has a bad headgasket. So I'm in the process of putting a new engine in which would stay N/A and then I'll sell it off like that. It is for sale/for trade. But for now its in progress of getting fixed.
More Info on the car. i hope the link works if not im sorry
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25075

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Fletch124 said:
Wait how is it straight from Japan if its LHD? But that is one sexy sexy Scooby!
Lol took me forever (and 3 re-reads of the post) on that one too.
The pics are of his RS that just died.
The car thats straight from Japan is not pictured-its a 96 STI

And damn.....that RS.......:love:

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Yah his RS is very sick....I think you should just get a reliable daily driver and spend the rest on the supra.

Turb0Lover said:
Well, I was on the BLVD. and I was in full boost and I shifted from 3rd to 4th and I lost all boost. A minute later my car was full of smoke and oil was all over. I had a blown turbo so i bought another one and then I start her up and it turns out she has a bad headgasket. So I'm in the process of putting a new engine in which would stay N/A and then I'll sell it off like that. It is for sale/for trade. But for now its in progress of getting fixed.
More Info on the car. i hope the link works if not im sorry
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25075

tristatetuners....you guys meet up in richboro right?

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
Yeah, we use too but one thurday it was cancelled just like that and now the fourm is trying to find a place too meet that everyone can agree on. Have you ever gone??

Turb0Lover

Its coming back
Nov 23, 2006
Phila.PA
jmanbball said:
Put an STI motor in the RS! I bet you can do it for a lot less than 12k. Ive seen it done.

It would cost like 8-10<seriously. I already priced it. I actually found a WRX motor for $1200. And I think I'm going to go with that. The supra will stay under cover until I can get up the cash I'm putting in this. It sucks because I just decided to fix the supra and then this happens. O and the STi (96) its nice but I talked to him and I'm thinking about getting a RHD supra instead:love:

Turb0Lover said:
Yeah, we use too but one thurday it was cancelled just like that and now the fourm is trying to find a place too meet that everyone can agree on. Have you ever gone??

I live right around there. I drove by that one thrusday and it was like a huge car show, pretty cool. I stopped by once or twice because I saw some people I knew. That seemed like a pretty cool spot for meetings. If you guys decide on a new spot in the same kind of area let me know....i like checking those things out