Need advice from experts...what to do with 2 7m's?

Supramk389

Dec 29, 2008
Connecticut
I HAVE A QUESTION, BUT HERE IS SOME BACKGROUND...I believe I have rod knock in the motor thats in my car now.(I did do all the diagnostics for rod knock my self) I have a Boss turbo from suprasport (62-1) with walbro 255, lexus afm, 550cc inj, fpr, fcd, front mount, 3in turbo back ect...I JUST CAME ACROSS A 7M-GTE THAT WAS REBUILT 10 YEARS AGO AND HAS BEEN SITTING ON A SHOP FLOOR EVER SINCE, NEVER INSTALLED. I BOUGHT IT FOR $400! REBUILT CT-26 AND ALL!
So my question is...what would you do in this situation? Which engine should I rebuild and what internals should I use on a mid-range spending budget???

LOL...or sell the car as is with a spare engine!!!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
depends on how soon you need the car. if its a dd, check out the rebuilt one and make sure everything is legit and install it so your up and running and rebuild the one out your car. and for future reference ditch the fcd and upgrade the 550s to 680cc injs if you're looking for 500hps.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I certainly wouldn't trust a motor that was rebuilt ten years ago, then left to sit in a dusty garage for that length of time. Rip it apart and see what's inside.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
shaeff;1489619 said:
I certainly wouldn't trust a motor that was rebuilt ten years ago, then left to sit in a dusty garage for that length of time. Rip it apart and see what's inside.

Exactly. If the engine wasn't sealed properly you could also have some rust on the cylinder walls. You may have bought a $400 paper weight.

Supramk389

Dec 29, 2008
Connecticut
I still think it was worth buying for $400...all the accessories are still on it, and some good spare parts. But I would like to open it up, check it out and throw it in while I rebuilt the rod knock one.