Need advice for Maft-Pro with large injectors

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
I'm currently running Maft-Pro speed density with Greddy 720 injectors. My main scale is at -25. I don't have a problem with WOT tuning but at idle if I tune it to 14.7 A/F the car tends to die if I press the gas lightly. Just cracking the throttle a small amount and releasing the RPM's raise slightly then drops, the car will shudder at the low RPM's before dying. If I tune the A/F ratio at idle to a more lean condition (16-17) the car won't die so easily when I press the throttle barley at idle but the car sounds terrible when the idle is set so lean. I was wondering if any of you other guys have any advice for tuning the Maft-Pro while running large injectors. Thanks.

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
I have an Aeromotive FPR set to 40 and the Maft-Pro version is 4.65. I'm running 720's because I plan to put a Precision PT63 in.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
whelp, there's one problem. ALWAYS check fuel pressure w/o the vac line on. the TSRM call outs on fuel pressure are "base fuel pressure"- I.E. w/o the vac line.

for your use, i would drop fuel press to <35 psi base....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
drjonez said:
whelp, there's one problem. ALWAYS check fuel pressure w/o the vac line on. the TSRM call outs on fuel pressure are "base fuel pressure"- I.E. w/o the vac line.

for your use, i would drop fuel press to <35 psi base....

10-4

that's a lot of fuel pressure. id start with 32psi with the vac line off. i would also take a bit out of your mainscale. instead of -25% id go back to say around -10% or even back to 0% to see where you are. changing base fuel pressure that much you are gonna put a lot less fuel in the car than you have now.

also, i hope you are tuning w/ a wideband 02. just want to be sure.

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
Well I tried backing off the fuel pressure to around 35 but that didn't help. Also I am tuning with a LC-1 wideband so I know my A/F ratio's are good.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
johnnyddn said:
Well I tried backing off the fuel pressure to around 35 but that didn't help. Also I am tuning with a LC-1 wideband so I know my A/F ratio's are good.

5 psi w/vac on isn't going to make much diff given how rich you're running....USE BASE FUEL PRESS!