need a little help

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ok so heres my problem, I bought my mk3 from a guy who move out here from texas. the thing is he had no paper work on it which isn't a big deal as to I got everything on my side done with dmv. but when I went to call texas today to get the title they inform me that yes the car was registered in texas but the title is somewhere else. now even this isn't too big of a problem but I'm somewhat pissed and what a easy solution to this. right now I'm tracking down the former owner to ask where the damn title is but no luck as of yet.

so what can you guys suggest to me on this matter??

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
tissimo said:
Leave it in your yard for 2-3 months then claim abandoned vehicle on it and get a new title.. :)

ok I've had it almost a year now. so saying if this approach don't work then just do that, that works? even for my case?!?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
iwannadie said:
Unless they find out its stolen?

its not stolen, when I called texas they asked me a few questions then told me that all my info on previous owner was correct. so now its just getting the title. believe me that was the first thing that popped in my head when I brought it. but I have a registration renewal slip saying it was him along with him showing id, and now texas saying its legit.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Mk3runner said:
its not stolen, when I called texas they asked me a few questions then told me that all my info on previous owner was correct. so now its just getting the title. believe me that was the first thing that popped in my head when I brought it. but I have a registration renewal slip saying it was him along with him showing id, and now texas saying its legit.

Texas is saying the info is correct on the previous owner but does that owner know you have his car lol. The previous owner holding the title can say he still owns it and has no idea why you have it since it was stolen.

I dunno, sounds real flaky to me.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
got bill of sale and everything saying its mine. the title to the car was lost years ago.. might not be the truth about the title. but I've had the car and the bill of sale for a year now.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Mk3runner said:
got bill of sale and everything saying its mine. the title to the car was lost years ago.. might not be the truth about the title. but I've had the car and the bill of sale for a year now.

Bill of sale for stolen property doesnt mean anything as far as I know. Not saying its stolen and hope its not, just sounds really odd. Maybe get someone to run the VIN before you go forward with the DMV?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
iwannadie said:
Bill of sale for stolen property doesnt mean anything as far as I know. Not saying its stolen and hope its not, just sounds really odd. Maybe get someone to run the VIN before you go forward with the DMV?

I been going back and forth to dmv for 10 months now and not once was the word stolen ever used involving me.

I'm thinking tissimo has the best idea on this one if my current approach don't work out.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Mk3runner said:
I been going back and forth to dmv for 10 months now and not once was the word stolen ever used involving me.

I'm thinking tissimo has the best idea on this one if my current approach don't work out.

Id still try to be positive its not stolen before going for a salvage title. Shouldnt take much trouble to run a VIN check on it.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
iwannadie said:
Id still try to be positive its not stolen before going for a salvage title. Shouldnt take much trouble to run a VIN check on it.

yeah, wouldn't it be a bitch tho. "hey whatever happened to mk3runner" oh he got hit with a gta charge.

haha that would suck.