www.supramania.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
:cry: :wtc:

I guess there's a first time for everything. Just talked to Aaron. They fired the engine and it has a "rod knock" or "valvetrain noise." This SUCKS! Just my fucking luck that I get the one lemon engine in all of the USA. I'm glad it happened at the shop instead of on the way home. Thank goodness for small miracles, I suppose.

Disclaimer: In no way do I look at this as a Drfitmotion failure. Aaron puts his faith in the person/company that provides him with the clip. THEY are supposed to test this engine thoroughly before selling it to DM. This is not Aaron's fault!

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Aw man, that sucks, ive been following the progress of your car and I was really hopin for another "freeway feeder" video with a 1jz. :p

But yeah, shit happens.
So whats next? 1JZ rebuild?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
We worked on it till about 9pm last night, it started on the first crank, but was making some loud tapping noise. It was long day/week so we decided to call it a night.

I want to pull the valve covers and take a look, but I'm pretty sure we will have to pull it. I already called this morning and was assured I will get a replacement engine. I will not get any money back or help with labor though.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
AWWW man that sucks! good luck getting it all fixed up. hopefully DM gets to keep the bad jz for rebuild? maybe that could help with some of the labor...a good block...