Na-turbo problem

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
Alright about six months ago i bought an 87 supra that was a na the only thing that was wrong was a bhg. After a small amount of time i felt the need for more power and came across a 87 supra that was an automatic and this one was turbo'd. I rebuilt the bottom end and stuck the motor and wiring harness and made it work. But for some reason it drives like crap. I ran codes and it showed me air and fuel mixture, starter signal, and havc sensor. I was wondering wether me puting an turbo automatic wiring harness on a manual would cause problems like sputtering, backfiring, and dying right before u hit boost?

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
hvyman;1340911 said:
no it wont. check for vacuum leaks and check your afm and tps.

Ok that sounds like great information. if its the afm parts are hard to come by down here in memphis would a lexus afm work?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
No Lex AFM without supporting mods. You could, however, use the electronics from the Lex AFM on your stock AFM. ;)

Clear the codes, run the car around a bit, then pull the codes and post up the code #'s so we can help you better. The more details you give, the better we can help you!

Princesupratn

May 16, 2009
Memhips
shaeff;1341037 said:
No Lex AFM without supporting mods. You could, however, use the electronics from the Lex AFM on your stock AFM. ;)

Clear the codes, run the car around a bit, then pull the codes and post up the code #'s so we can help you better. The more details you give, the better we can help you!

Man do i really thank you guys. Many days and nights reading books and late night searches. I"ll do this in the morning and see if that helps me out.:icon_bigg