na to turbo swap ecu question.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i have my harness run through the firewall into the glovebox.

the harness has 7 plugs. i know 3 of them go into the ecu,where do the other 4 go?. i cant find out where the other 4 plugs plug up to.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
by the way my car is a 1987 yellow plug n/a and my harness is a 91 turbo grey plug would that have anything to do with it?

Letsride

Aug 26, 2009
NC
Yea like everyone has said its not compatible unless you want to replace the dash harness as well (PITA). I will swap harnesses with you if you want as I have the same problem....I have the yellow plug harness but need the gray.....LOL.

Just PM me if I can help.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
lets trade harnesses,pm on the way. whats the condition of your harness?mines is in really good shape i want to be sure yours is the same.:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

noel your the best!!!!!! i dont know what i would do without you ..lol.
intercooler is fully assembled and i could turn the key right at this moment but the harness is wrong!!!!!:nono:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Side question, I have a yellow plug harness (brand new). Plan to use it in the future, not sure in what car, and i like the yellow plug cuz AEM EMS is like $500 cheaper for yellow plug. Assuming the car is an 89+ how hard would it be if i cut the plugs out of my 87 parts car, and cut the harness plugs off of an 89+ and made a jumper harness for the car harness? Just soldering, or are there different wires?

Letsride

Aug 26, 2009
NC
You would have to match the wires from both EWD's. A lot of work and not all may match up. Its easier just to use the right harness....

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Letsride;1416336 said:
You would have to match the wires from both EWD's. A lot of work and not all may match up. Its easier just to use the right harness....

Like I said, 87-88 EMS ~$1250, 89-92 EMS ~$1750. Plus I got the harness for a steal. If Making a jumper harness is a PITA, i dont really care if it saves me ~$1000 long run.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
all you need to do is get the connector and re-pin them. which finding out which wores need to go where might take a bit but you wont need to do any soldering. all connectors come apart to where you can remove the wires from the connectors with out cutting the wires.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
hvyman;1416353 said:
all you need to do is get the connector and re-pin them. which finding out which wores need to go where might take a bit but you wont need to do any soldering. all connectors come apart to where you can remove the wires from the connectors with out cutting the wires.

Now thats a good answer! Thank you sir!

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
chefma70;1416326 said:
lets trade harnesses,pm on the way. whats the condition of your harness?mines is in really good shape i want to be sure yours is the same.:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

noel your the best!!!!!! i dont know what i would do without you ..lol.
intercooler is fully assembled and i could turn the key right at this moment but the harness is wrong!!!!!:nono:

wheres my intercooler for $20 lol