n00b's build, opinions?

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
posted this on supraforums.com but everyone was stuck on talking about my oil pump...basically, i want and need advice/critisism on my build, along with what other things i should buy to complete it. i spent a small 3hrs tearing down motor the other night and have most everything off the head/block besides pulleys and the 2 coolant lines. car most likely won't be taken to the track just want a simple street warrior (or warrior apprentice :chicken: ) here we go!

-fresh 7MGTE
-Garrett M24? A/R .50 turbo
-ARP head studs (arp's recommended/needed for main and rods?)
-HKS mhg (yes, block/head will be milled)
-Aisin oil pump
-new water pump
-oil filter adapter
-24x12x3 intercooler
-custom 2.5" piping (HKS ssqv/Greddy RS/Tial bov?)
-3" dp to test pipe to some kind of aftermarket exhaust, looks like borla to me?
-3" intake pipe to turbo
-HKS VPC (w/ inj. chip)
-HKS GCC
-Denso 550's
-not sure on main and rod bearings yet, any forsale?
-COMPLETE engine gasket kit
-a member is tempting me with his aem uego wideband, buy or no?
Monitoring:
autometer lunar: pyrometer, boost, a/f ratio(<--- no need, selling possibly)
-all maintainence stuff, plugs, wires, battery, oil/coolant of course
-possibly walbro 255 pump good idea/bad idea?
You guys' imput? Power output estimates at _ _ psi?, tuning advice or anything you see fit, you're the experts.

-Chris

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Definitely upgrade the fuel pump while you're at it,
might want to look into the mk4 TT pump as well, supposedly flows the same amount as Walbro (someone want to confirm this?) and would be more reliable in my opinion, I've heard Walbro's being chancy. I'll be going with the TT fuel pump when I upgrade my fuel/air system.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
kylefoto said:
Definitely upgrade the fuel pump while you're at it,
might want to look into the mk4 TT pump as well, supposedly flows the same amount as Walbro (someone want to confirm this?) and would be more reliable in my opinion, I've heard Walbro's being chancy. I'll be going with the TT fuel pump when I upgrade my fuel/air system.
Not according to Johns site its not. :naughty: http://www.jblmk3.com/walbro.html
Well let me rephrase. I guess at normal setting its comparible. Just not when you really start pushing it.

Last edited:

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
ok so say I get the walbro 255 pump and rewire kit, what do you think i could make power-wise. here is a pic of the turbo i'm using if anyone is familiar with it. yes there is a but in my blades, but we've all heard the saying: "It slices, it dices!.."

-Chris

Attachments

• IMAG0005.JPG
    IMAG0005.JPG
    703.1 KB · Views: 13