N/A Intake Mani vs. Turbo Intake Mani?

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone has experience using the N/A intake mani on a turbo car? My reason for thinking this is a buddy of mine who is a DSM'r recommended this, he as well as many other DSM people got some decent horse power gains by switching to a "Cyclone IM" which is the JDM intake manifold, which is similar to the N/A, as it has the butterflys in the lower-side of the plennum. So I thought if anyone has done this, or knows anything about this and could shed some light on this topic that would be apprieciated.

Thanks,
-Sam

mx83gte

Sep 27, 2009
chicago illinois
personally i like the bigger intake manifold, and the na cams. i used that set up on my last supra, with lots of tips and tricks, ran 13.5 1/4 mile on sawblades and 245/50/16 kumho estca supra tires, if i remember you have to get the linkage and accelerator cable from an na supra

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
mx83gte;1501836 said:
personally i like the bigger intake manifold, and the na cams. i used that set up on my last supra, with lots of tips and tricks, ran 13.5 1/4 mile on sawblades and 245/50/16 kumho estca supra tires, if i remember you have to get the linkage and accelerator cable from an na supra

You probably would have preformed better with turbo cams

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
If it were better I think Toyota would've put NA manifolds on all the turbo cars... Don't listen to your DSM friends on adivce for a TOYOTA..