mysterious waterfall in the dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
so when i went for a drive today i noticed i had the ol waterfall in the dash sound. well i know it not a BHG since i just rebuilt the whole eng and it runs like a top(cept for the turbo wich i am rebuiloding next weekend). Anywho.. im wondering if it can be related to a heatercore having blockage or getting raedy to go out.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
I kinda have this problem right now, but it's weird because it's doing it even without air in the system, and I know there isn't any because I did a coolant change and burped the system.

-Matt

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Just because you burped the system, doesn't mean you got all the air out.

I had this problem for a few weeks, and I thought for sure I had a BHG, but it turned out, there was air trapped in the heater core...and it was dislodged after a long drive, where all of the air collected at the rop of the rad. I just filled with coolant and it has been fine for months now...no more waterfall.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I had this same problem with my car when I bought it, it ran just fine and no other signs of BHG...guess what it was though...BHG.

But this can also be caused from air being in the lines, over the weekend I dumped out half the coolant so I could put more Antifreeze in because my concentration wasn't high enough and the first time I started it up after doing this and thinking I had all the air out of the lines this happened. So I know i have more in the lines but if the coolant system doesn't have any leaks, it should purge it out over time and suck coolant from the reservoir.

I have never had luck with bruping...I think its an old wise tail and I'm sure I will get flamed for saying this.....if your coolant system has no problems you should not need to blurp.

Good luck tracking it down...oh and just cause you rebuilt it...that doesn't mean you don't have BHG.

Status
Not open for further replies.