my turbo supra vs 3000gt N/a

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Alright, before I did the 57 trim, I raced my buddy with his 3000gt he built. We traded paint till 100mph before he started PULLING! HE'S NA!!! Well, he did have a well put together motor, 3.5l DOHC from a Mitsu Debonaire, aluminum crank pully, fidanza flywheel, full exhaust, solid motor mounts. The thing sounds like an exotic at full throttle, revs quick as hell. Anywho, thought I would share my loss to fwd beast.:3d_frown:

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
AF1JZ said:
Have you smoked him yet since the 57 trim?

BTW, that's an old school boost gauge for your avater. I likes.

Actually, I just found out that he ripped the three bolts out of the block which were holding the rear motor mount on(stripped the block) then broke the fourth bolts' cap off trying to limp it home! Dude, his launch sucked, but he fished me in quick. So, im gonna help a bro out(even though he beat me) to pull the motor and drill and tap the holes(I tried retapping with a 7/16's with the motor still in the car, no iron left to tap, so im gonna have to drill and tap to a 12mm). Long story short, he fixes his ride why I upgrade, im still on stock boost and stock fuel... ohh yeah, he ordered some DR's so im f***ed... I keep scarring him by saying the mbc is in the mail, we will see.

that gauge is out of a WWII fighter, cant remember which one though.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
OneJoeZee said:
So you couldn't pull on an NA 3/S with those mods in your sig minus the 57 trim? :hs:

search for what a stock mitsu 3.5L DOHC is... mitsu rates it at 260ps(around 250hp), plus his mods. lets just say that we are both stock. 250hp vs my 230hp. his 3200lb car vs my 3500lb car..... fwd vs rwd.... like I stated, I took the hole and we traded paint all the way till he inched ahead by a fender. He may have won the battle, but he wont win the war!:icon_evil

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
ohh yeah, torque is ridiculous(he let me drive it). Throttle response is sick! Hes trying to make an autoX out of it. Anyways, I thought I would share that.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
zurud said:
For few cents or free you can shim the wastegate to 12 psi. Almost 50hp there.

Its currently my DD, I have a good platform now for mods(57trim), just waiting on money and a new DD. My stang must sell before I can do anything. Once it sells, hardpipes, intercooler, an ebc (havnt decided on brand) and I think some fuel mods. That should keep me busy for a little while, till that prick buys a vr4:nono:, then I will need that MHG.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
CryoSlash said:
take any base 3s to a truck weighing station... and you'll see what i mean...

and you are now a 3S expert too. Its kinda funny, I didnt see you at the 2k4, 2k5, 2k6 tx3si meets. Im not saying I am an expert, but I think I know a wee bit more about 3s's than you. Regardless, he has 300lbs on me(thanks to my heavy ass supra)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
buldozr said:
and you are now a 3S expert too. Its kinda funny, I didnt see you at the 2k4, 2k5, 2k6 tx3si meets. Im not saying I am an expert, but I think I know a wee bit more about 3s's than you. Regardless, he has 300lbs on me(thanks to my heavy ass supra)
:rofl: wow, to randomly conclude something like that without 1st hand seeing the real weight of these cars, you must be some sort of genius, or a complete dumbass! Hell what makes you think i would even show up to any of those meets when 1) i do not own a 3000gt, i own a supra and
2) i don't even go to the supra tx meets! :rofl:
When did i say i was an expert either? Since you are such a fan of the 3s's, then i suggest you sell your car before you get rod knock and blame the 7m.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
CryoSlash said:
i suggest you sell your car before you get rod knock and blame the 7m.

actually, 3s's are more common to have rodknock than our 7m's. I bet you didnt know that. I bet you dont know why 3s's are more common to rodknock, although, I wouldnt expect you to. I guess what really sets me off is ignorance of people thinking that one car is superior than others based upon heirsay. Factory curb weights rarely lie. I am actually tired of people saying that 3s's are 'heavy pigs and wortheless'. Personally, I would like to know what the fastest 7m powered mkiii supra is and I would like you to compare it to the fastest street 3s(they are deep in the 9's, both AWD and FWD, and they both have factory AC and full interior). Any mkIII supras in the 9's yet that wasnt trailered to the track???? I just want to see the BS nomenclature about 3s's to go away. Thats all. Again, in my opinion, 3s's are good machines, but torque steer is a biznitch!!(Thats why I hate those darn mitsu's and love my supra!) Truce?

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
after reading your post again, I noticed you mentioned you dont own a 3s... neither do I. All my friends have 3s's, and I have much greater respect for those guys. I enjoy going to 3si meets, Z club meets, supra meets, mustang meets, honestly, 3si people are nicer, open, caring, more so than any other club I have been in. Plus they throw some serious parties. Peace out.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
buldozr said:
actually, 3s's are more common to have rodknock than our 7m's. I bet you didnt know that. I bet you dont know why 3s's are more common to rodknock, although, I wouldnt expect you to. I guess what really sets me off is ignorance of people thinking that one car is superior than others based upon heirsay. Factory curb weights rarely lie. I am actually tired of people saying that 3s's are 'heavy pigs and wortheless'. Personally, I would like to know what the fastest 7m powered mkiii supra is and I would like you to compare it to the fastest street 3s(they are deep in the 9's, both AWD and FWD, and they both have factory AC and full interior). Any mkIII supras in the 9's yet that wasnt trailered to the track???? I just want to see the BS nomenclature about 3s's to go away. Thats all. Again, in my opinion, 3s's are good machines, but torque steer is a biznitch!!(Thats why I hate those darn mitsu's and love my supra!) Truce?
why on earth do you think i brought up rod knock? Oh well. And factory curb weights lie all the time.
On that note 3s's are heavy pigs and are worthless in comparison to every other japanese GT car that was produced in the 90's. 300zx > 3s. JZA80 > 3s. FD > 3s. Why is it you think that they cost so little in comparison to the others? The demand for them simply isn't there as there are far more feasible options for a go fast car. And all 9 second cars are trailered constantly. Just because they have full interior doesn't mean that they aren't trailered...