my turbo supra vs 3000gt N/a

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
actually, 3s dont have a problem with rod knock as much as you would think. Definately less than a 7m. My friend has an sl and it weighs 3320. So yes, its a fact.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
I lost to a stealth by inches recently......

although maybe its cuz i spun through first, hit fuelcut second gear then ended up shifting too early, then when i coulda had him in another few seconds, i backed off cuz there was a truck in his lane.....but i still am ashamed. I went back and smoked him every race since (like 5-6 races, i finally told him dude, you not gonna win, i'm not racing you anymore unless you wanna throw cash down)

He now tells me that he'll get me once he twin turbos it. His best buddy who's always with him then usually proceeds to talk about beating both of us when he imports an AWD Skyline GTR........

EDIT: oh, and curb weights lie. my supra is pushin 3800 lbs with a full tank of gas

Last edited:

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
tturnpaw said:
actually, 3s dont have a problem with rod knock as much as you would think. Definately less than a 7m. My friend has an sl and it weighs 3320. So yes, its a fact.

sl is the fully loaded 3s without the vr4 option, very heavy considering what is powering it. 3s have big problem is rodknock, WORSE than 7m's. Go look on their forums, you wont see one with bhg, but every other post is 'new member to the sbc'(spun bearing club). Trust me on this one. Oh cryo, in reply to "Just because they have full interior doesn't mean that they aren't trailered..." look up ray pampena, his DD in 2006 ran a 10.3 full interior, a/c, power steering, 3900lbs. That was back in july of 06. video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4062450757361117366
theirs the vid. Show me a mid 90's sports car do that without being trailered to the track.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
"10.3 @13X

The guy DROVE his car from NY to MI 800 miles!!

Then he ran a 10 sec slip, and then drove it back home..its crazy. His name is Ray Pampena."

thats a comment from the 3si meet in michigan.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
buldozr said:
"10.3 @13X

The guy DROVE his car from NY to MI 800 miles!!

Then he ran a 10 sec slip, and then drove it back home..its crazy. His name is Ray Pampena."

thats a comment from the 3si meet in michigan.
you said deep in the 9's... anyway i've seen enough dsm's do that.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Quin said:
Just fucking drop it who cares. Christ

alright, I will drop it. I just helped the guy put in solid motor mounts on his 3.5L, he just ordered an emanage and some DR's. I cant wait to run him again, I havnt ran the car with the 57trim yet, I have to get some hardpipes and a boost controller but I feel pretty confident that he will get a better run this time around. Last time he ran, his motor was held in with hope and dreams, he should definitely get off the line like a rocket now. He last time he took it to the track he cut a 9.2 in the 1/8th with a 2.2 60ft, hes hoping for a 2.0 60ft now. We shall see, sometime in july I will get some dyno runs and time slips of his new setup, I think he has the NA record in the bag. Later.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
just raced him again, 35 punch to about 100, he got an emanage and a street tune(upped up his timing) I brake boosted in second gear(5spd) and we never pulled on each other, we were neck in neck the whole way, at this point, we are playing who can shift faster... we shook hands and we kinda both were pissed that their was no winner... ohh well, im going to ennis this weekend, i might take the supra, i will loosen that front sway bar if i do though! :evil2: Later guys.