My turbo dont boost

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Pressure test your intake system and remove all doubt. It shouldn't take this long to find a problem like this. Either you have a massive pre-turbo exhaust leak, or you have a massive boost leak. Check every single coupler. I don't care how new your intake setup is. Check the coupler between the 3000 pipe and throttlebody. Check the hotpipe off the bottom of the turbo. Check you intake manifold gaskets.

Hell, get the intake system smoked. There's a problem somewhere. If you hear the turbo screaming, stop boosting! You'll kill the turbo by over spinning it.

And I do NOT recommend removing the wastegate actuator pressure source. It's easy enough to check with a simple air compressor, not to mention that it's a LOT safer that way. (no risk of popping your motor)- the reason I say this is that we don't know all of your modifications. If you have something like an HKS FCD, and you pull the wastegate pressure line, you can kiss that motor goodbye after one good pull.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
My lower IC pipe came off once, and I was blowing all sorts of black smoke, and the turbo would wail like a dying hyena.
Really sounds like a big boost leak.

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
To topic starter - you're using a ct-26 right? Is it a rebuilt one or the original turbo?

I'm by no means an expert but I would do two things...

1. Double check the Charge pipe and make sure it's connected properly.

2. Pull off the downpipe and look at the wastegate port. My original turbo had all kinds of cracks around the wastegate port from years of abuse. These could certainly cause you not to boost properly. You might want to un-bolt the wastegate actuator to get this done easily.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
gemiz;1528436 said:
Hi.
Just want to bring my post to live again.
The issue remains, as the car has been stationary for the past 6-7months.

Ill try to post all that have been done and tested with results.

1. New IC. OK
2. New Pipes, clamps, and silicons hoses. OK
3. Tested pressure with compressed air in the intake. OK, it was tight, so there cant be any leaks from the intake on the turbo to the Closed throttle valve.
4. Turbo Checks out to be fine, also the actuator and wastgate is Good. Opens at stock PSI 0.5-0.6.

Im am then wondering is there might be a leak behind the throttle valve. Between the Valve and the engine (intake manifold). But i reckon it should be a large leak, Cause i have 0 boost. It never
goes above 0 PSI/BAR.

Also, i havnt been looking at any electrical yet. I dont belive this problem can be caused from an electrical issue. The turbo should be pretty much mechanical in my opinion.
But if anyone have any opinions regarding that. Please tell me so.

I will also go check me BOV valve as someone pointed out earlier. Its just a damn long time since i have spent any time on this car, so i cant remember if this was tested or not.