my supra vs. G8 and very nice S2000

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Well i recently got my new Lipp Boss turbo installed. I am currently running about 15psi on it and it is still untuned. I have the set up for all the tuning i just need to find time to get it done. Anyway today i was out driving around town and a guy in a new Pontiac G8 floored it next to me. I looked over and him and laughed, and he said "Hey nice car!" I said thanks. We then decide to do alittle pull. I was in 2nd gear and we were going about 35-40ish. I figured he was going to pull on me some at first cause the Boss turbo has a decent amount of lag to it. But to my suprise as soon as we went i just pulled away from him really hard. I was like 2-3 cars ahead in a few seconds and i just let off cause it was pointless to keep going. He said it was making like 360-370hp weather or not thats true i dont know. All i know is I KILLED him..lol..
After that a guy in a really nice looking Honda S2000 came flying up on me. It had ALOT of carbon fiber on it, really nice exhaust and sounded nasty mean. I have no idea what all he had done to his car but he pulled up beside me to say nice car and asked what i had done to it. I told him and then we preceded to race a couple times while going down the road. We were side by side, agian i was in 2nd gear. We went and agian i just immediatly pull away and got a couple car lengths ahead and let out. His car seemed to be right on par with the G8 i had just raced. Then when he came up next to me agian he laughed and said, My car is nothing compared to yours, nice car man. Needless to say i was pretty happen with the ol' 7M after that little bit of fun and compliments! :biglaugh:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I talked to the guy with the G8 agian. He said my car pulled away from him faster than his buddies 500hp Evo does!! And now he is trying to set up an interstate race between my supra and the evo... should be interesting! lol

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
i have no idea, all i can say is when the turbo kicks in its honestly kinda scary,,lol. Jeff (boostlee) said it feels like its making well over 400hp, according to the butt dyno. Jeff and I were on the interestate and a new Corvette floored it beside me and i pulled past him. I think I was hitting closer to 18-19psi then though. The tires also broke loose on us when we were going 80mph when the turbo kicked in. neither jeff or I can believe how hard it pulls

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
In to vouch for the extraordinary thrill ride of the passenger seat butt dyno.

Certainly one of the faster of cars I've been in by a long shot.

I gotta say, I've been in a handful of 7M & 1J cars powered by GT35/GT40's,
and honest to God, This thing pulls harder up-top than any I've ridden in. :aigo:

It really feels like no car I've ever been in.
It has a substancial amount of kick to it.
(ie. Hits positive boost by 3, hits 10-12psi and feels like a typical upgraded turbo,
then anything beyond that just goes onto a whole nother platform of power.

It's REALLY mindblowing how hard it pulls, to tell you the truth.

Nice "races", Nate.

Jeff

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
All i can say is if any one is looking for an upgraded turbo, and wants to get away from the CT's. GO WITH THE LIPP BOSS, I'v only felt alittle bit of its capabilities and untuned at that, and its STUPID how hard it pulls. Like Jeff said anything up to 12psi it feels like any other upgraded turbo, but anything over 12psi and its in a whole different ball park. Iam completly amazed by the turbo..

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If your tires are breaking loose at 80mph, you probably need better tires. Good kill on the G8, I haven't had the pleasure yet. What are the specs on your turbo because I may be in the market for one.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
suprafanatic;1143017 said:
lol, they are brand new tires and are apparently rated for great traction. The specs of the turbo: 57trim Stage 5 rated for 525hp

a it BB? This is awesome to hear cause in the next few months I plan on getting a gts 67bb from boss.
What other supporting mods do u have?

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
nice kill!... i only have a 60 trim ct and im just getting used to it running about 8.5-9 psi and am amazed at the amount of power it has i can only imagine what yours is like..