My Supra Turbo vs Forester XT(turbo)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Hey guys

So yesterday I had my first "race" after my rebuild. Had quite a few ricers try to race me ever since the Supra was back on the road again but I wasn't going to waste petrol,rubber or the wear on a freshly built engine on some guy in a civic with neon lights and a fart cannon. Also the fact that Ive only done about 300k's on the rebuilt motor means that I don't rev hard and usually just shrug of those that want to race until my run in is done.

A Subaru Forester XT(turbo) pulled up next to me and honked his horn(which apparently is the universal symbol for "lets race on green".)

Didn't really realize he was racing me until I hear him revving the shit out of his engine(I then realized what the honk was for)and his gay ass bov went off. I'm still running my engine in and its set on stock boost but I decided to go for it.

Note that my A340e is busted (think solenoids are sticking).I cant just put it in D and go since D selects 3rd gear when taking off.so I can only take of in 2nd gear (car will drop down to first now and then randomly) This equals a really slow start. When I put it in L it selects 2 , 2 selects 3rd and D selects all other forward gears(which is just o/d 4th im assuming).

Took 2nd gear to about 5000revs and was about to changed to third but I simply didn't need it - my 7M really came to life in the upper rev change and easily pulled away. Race was over once I passed 4500 revs.

Yes I know beating a 4x4 turbo(that funnily enough weighs about the same as an average mk3) isn't something to brag about , but I was proud of my Supe. All these problems, 2nd gear start,probably slower then a stock MK3 on low boost , 25 years old and it still was able to come out on top.

Approx 400km for run in left and I can unleash the beast :)

Last edited:

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
mnracer550;1780893 said:
not bad man. those forester xts are actually pretty nasty. i believe the 13.xx cars stock.

are they? havnt looked to much into it , all i know is that I am hardly boosting and my supe feels dog slow. must be high 13's though I doubt im running even that right now.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
aloshan;1780909 said:
hey wait , am i even allowed to post this? sf.com.au doesnt allow it , will the mods be annoyed at a kill story?
We don't have a problem with it other than beating on a car with known issues is just plain stupid.... :nono:

But it's your car I'm sure there will be 20 or so "This is broken help me" threads in your not too distant future..

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
IJ.;1780924 said:
We don't have a problem with it other than beating on a car with known issues is just plain stupid.... :nono:

But it's your car I'm sure there will be 20 or so "This is broken help me" threads in your not too distant future..

Yes I know its just plain stupid which is why I dont do it. I baby my engine , warm her up everyday, check all fluids everytime I drive(which is only twice a week). As I said in my story I usually just shrug those who wants to race off , as Im still running my engine in and I dont want to put undue stress on parts I have no idea about. This was the first time I have even reached 5000 revs on any of the gears (hence me being surprised at the pull the supra had that far into the rev range as I had NEVER done that before)

All my "this is broken, help me" threads so far are because I am fixing a car that seems to have been messed with by over 3 different people who had no idea , is 25 years old with half the parts non functional and it is my first car so I am educating myself and learning along the way. Not because I have, by my stupidity, destroyed a part myself.

I treat my car well and with respect.

But IJ, I really appreciate the concern. Thank you.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Difference between your cars? I bet he had the kids and groceries in the back. :p

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I laughed pretty hard at this thread, my wife has a forester and yes they are great on dirt trails or slippery wet roads e.t.c but get them out on the highway and they are pretty slow. please don't admitt to ever racing one, your lucky you didn't post up that you lost to it. lmao