My Supra Slow Build ( 1990 Targa Turbo )

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
i had offered the guy 700$ for it, it runs good no knocks or such, body was meh, but i have time to work on it
after not hearing from him after i gave him my offer i seen the ad had been re-posted and he had put it up for 500$ i called him right away and said i was coming to pay for it,

after that trailer-ed it to my shop and started stripping.
ill start posting stripping photos tomorrow when i get them all put together

i hope the build goes well

well my ideas of this build is to be a weekend driver, with a horse power ranger of 400hp to 500hp range, im deffently going to need all the help i can get, so any info that can be shared would be amazing! or ideas. i would love the car to be a reliable vehicle too, i really would like to rebuild everything engine, tranny, diff, every thing i can. also hoping to change out the interior and do a purple on black style need to paint and re do every thing, lots of work ! always looking at the for sale stuff im painting it a midnight purple ( skyline ) if your to google it

wanna see go here http://photobucket.com/turbosupraftw

always will update photos when ever i do work

Attachments

• 2lbche9.jpg
    2lbche9.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 23

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I would only suggest that you attack each section of the car individually and exclusively, rather than multiple areas at once.
I'm finally doing it this way- Suspension- interior- body- drivetrain. That way, I can focus all my money and effort at perfecting one section, rather
than spreading my time and money too thin. Take your time, and don't settle for soemthing that you know you'll have to come back to redo later.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Ya what he said. Planning is definitely one of the most important aspects of an car build, and i see it overlooked a lot. If i were you i would just read through a whole bunch of different build threads to get some ideas.
Car looks pretty clean though, you got a killer deal!

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
yah im working on shell, getting all rust cut out and getting patched with new formed panels, id like to just replace the doors but havent found any good deals yet,

then i dont know what to work on after the body has been all fixed up and down to metal and then primer

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
wow double post... lol

thats my idea for the colour
scaled.php

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I like the purple. Think is a pic somewhere of a pre89 with a similar color.

I'd just redo the interior with some black or dark gray leather seats. And I terroir paint the panels.
Think it's www.leatherseats.com that have some good tight seat covers.

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
oh nice let me know how it all looks, yah i was thinking of actually getting the seats re done professorially with a black leather and purple double stitch
and changing all the rest to black,