My Supra FRESH WASHED and WAXED! 56K? HELL NO!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
theprodigy79 said:
Oh HELLLLL No!!! Dude, I will CERTAINLY NOT touch the body!!!

ANY mods I do will strictly be PERFORMANCE (quality parts), and ONLY bolt-ons!!!

Guys, you have no need to worry about me ricing it out or doing any body work at all... It took me waaay too long to find one in this condition, and I sought it out for its beauty and drivability! I will keep it that way!

:bowdown: Thank you! Enter ROTM.

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Ok, a few of you have told me to do so... How do I enter Ride of the Month? I looked at the forum and wasn't able to find a sticky with any format or info to include. Should I just look at the previous winners and "steal" their format?

Thanks!

-James

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
keep the body stock, but please lord, get rid of those hideous sawbladez.

lower the car and get some nice light wheels and it'll look hot.

original.jpg

Last edited:

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Here are a couple pics from when Billy Cha up in Laurel, MD was working on my engine. They've been on my cell phone and I've been too lazy / forgot to take them off. This was back in March.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
theprodigy79 said:
Here are a couple pics from when Billy Cha up in Laurel, MD was working on my engine. They've been on my cell phone and I've been too lazy / forgot to take them off. This was back in March.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SWEEEEEET!!!

You didn't tell us how FAR you had it down, son!

How about a current shot of yer injun bay?:biglaugh:

...I need a "Billy Cha" buddy, too!

(I'm too busy getting "chewed out" for being a bad hubby and daddy to my four kids since the sooop got up and running over Memorial Day weekend!)

-crisp

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Hmm, I thought I had posted some engine bay shots... Guess not!

It's nothing too special right now (especially compared to many of the rides on this site), pretty much cleaned up and stock looking (except the Bosch BOV and A'PEXi intake I added).

Oh well, here are a few shots of the bay:

p647444_1.jpg

p647444_2.jpg

p647444_3.jpg

p647444_4.jpg

p647444_5.jpg

Last edited:

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
I've been a busy dude for the past two days ;-)

Sorry for the crappy pics, they were kinda an after thought as I was already working on it and well into it... I'll take shots of the final results later cuz right now I have it prewired just to have something to listen to (still sounds phenominal!) When I clean it up, tuck the wires and build my little rack I'll post the final results (may be a little while though, just depends on when I get my next burst of energy). I also put in the newer model climate control box cuz it's funky fresh and stuff (it looks a lot better than the original one IMHO)...

RCAs channeled through door sill conduit:
p657643_1.jpg

p657643_2.jpg

RCAs run through top/rear of glove box:
p657643_3.jpg

p657643_4.jpg

RCAs channeled through rear paneling and exiting through center of rear seat backing:
p657643_5.jpg

Speaker wires and crap on seat / junk in the trunk:
p657643_6.jpg

p657643_7.jpg

Newer model Climate Control (thanks Ideal):
p657643_8.jpg

Alpine SPR-17C magnet in newer speaker pods chopped up/ground out to fit:
p657643_9.jpg

Speaker wire run inside door:
p657643_10.jpg

Peace,

-James

Last edited:

theprodigy79

Irish Cream
Mar 5, 2007
Centreville, VA
Yup, those are the fronts (I'm only running fronts and one sub in this setup). They're Alpine SPR-17Cs, which are the Type R 6.5" speakers in the newer speaker pods I got off eBay.

They're running (along with the Alpine SWR-1242D 12" subwoofer) off an oldschool Soundstream Rubicon 604 in 3 channel mode... It sounds VERY good, but today the amp was having a bit of a problem with heat and went into thermal protection a few times (it was pretty hot out and it was in still air)... I'll be building a small amp rack eventually to mount the amp upright and possibly run a fan across the heat sync (I'm going to try to avoid that by any means though).

PS--> I edited my post (above) to better detail what the pictures are of... I realize they were a bit vague before!

Last edited: