my reupholstery build

cmoney_kps86

Jul 13, 2008
pittsburgh PA
staticpage;1334521 said:
is that dayton ohio?
oooh, the money I would pay for something think that!
that is sick i finished my 1j swap and was riding around this week thinking about new covers.
is there any way to make temples with sew lines?
how many yards did you use in total?

i tried this once on a girlfriends car (she could sew), it did not go well

ya im from dayton ohio. but im open to do work around sept when i am done with school. Ive made patterns of all the parts to the seats but to mark the seam lines is a no go. im using a 1/2 seam allowance and really you wouldnt stay at that because of the curves and conners.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
that is BAD ASS man! really talented there buddy, please make templets or publish them online in a PDF format or something, hell market and sell it, I'll paypal now to be first in line! once again great work and I can't wait to see final pics.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
cmoney_kps86;1335653 said:
ya im from dayton ohio. but im open to do work around sept when i am done with school. Ive made patterns of all the parts to the seats but to mark the seam lines is a no go. im using a 1/2 seam allowance and really you wouldnt stay at that because of the curves and conners.

1/2 seam allowance? i have no idea what that means but i'll keep you in mind. the patterns would do me no good to me as i cannot follow a sew line for nothing. but if they where for sale i might buy.

cmoney_kps86

Jul 13, 2008
pittsburgh PA
sm_photo_missing.jpg

all sanded down

p1337314_1.jpg

added some 1/8" foam

p1337314_2.jpg

main/ hard parts covered up

p1337314_3.jpg

cf insert on

p1337314_4.jpg

pretty much done waiting to lay my carpet down then covering the bottom section with carpet

p1337314_5.jpg

driver seat :)

p1337314_6.jpg

foams ripped:(

p1337314_7.jpg

foam repaired:)

p1337314_8.jpg

the back rests plate

p1337314_9.jpg

the back rests boxing!!

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Cant wait to see it all finished, I'v always thought about working on something like this, especially recovering the entire door panels. My seats are great thought so I cant really warrant it. Keep up the great work

cmoney_kps86

Jul 13, 2008
pittsburgh PA
well its been done for bout a month but camera was stolen.

just got a new camera so heres the final resaults .. hope you like.

p1367826_1.jpg

p1367826_2.jpg

p1367826_3.jpg

p1367826_4.jpg

p1367826_5.jpg

p1367826_6.jpg

p1367826_7.jpg

p1367826_5.jpg

p1367826_9.jpg

p1367826_10.jpg

p1367826_11.jpg

p1367826_12.jpg

p1367826_13.jpg

p1367826_14.jpg

p1367826_15.jpg

ALSO I got all new traga seals there all properly in but at the front A pillars they dont meet up right and the driver side is still leaking a tiny bit?

heres some pics so you can see what im talking bout.. so if you have any ideas please help i dont want my new seats to go to shit after the time and money i put into it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

driver side where its still leaking

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and pass side where its good and dosent leak ..but still dosnt line up ?

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
cmoney_kps86;1367826 said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Looks like some damage to part of either the Targa or the a pillar. I love the seat work. How do I go about getting some of those? Also looks like you need one of Empera's ebrake lever boots.

rossman3s

Mar 20, 2008
Northeast PA
I love the sides and headrests, and the fronts are pretty nice. I would love to see the rear seats done in your style. The doors look great.

Nicely done. :)

cmoney_kps86

Jul 13, 2008
pittsburgh PA
NoKittenMKIII;1367890 said:
Looks like some damage to part of either the Targa or the a pillar. I love the seat work. How do I go about getting some of those? Also looks like you need one of Empera's ebrake lever boots.

ya the a pillar molding is starting to pull away but ive heard about some sort of shims on the targ bolts where you can adjust the way the targa sets?

im able to do your seats if you need them done. pm me for a quote and some ideas on fabric you have in mind

oh and ebrake boot i havnt got around to sewing one up yet lol

NoKittenMKIII

40mm BOOM
Mar 22, 2009
Sands of Iraq
cmoney_kps86;1367937 said:
ya the a pillar molding is starting to pull away but ive heard about some sort of shims on the targ bolts where you can adjust the way the targa sets?

im able to do your seats if you need them done. pm me for a quote and some ideas on fabric you have in mind

oh and ebrake boot i havnt got around to sewing one up yet lol

I'll check my manuals on the shim bolts. I got the 86 owner's manual and the Haynes (pos manual, cuz I haven't gotten to Savannah yet to get one from the dealer).

cmoney_kps86

Jul 13, 2008
pittsburgh PA
92TealSupra;1367995 said:
Should start making these and selling them, id buy them!

ya its a big thought in my mind right now, its just difficault to recover a seat with somthing thats everyones going to like you know. so i figure i could get some opinions on some fabric then go to town on them, or even buy up every seat thats for sell and do a veriety of options on them .. but i dunno

im deff down to do any work thats comes my way

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
cmoney_kps86;1368015 said:
ya its a big thought in my mind right now, its just difficault to recover a seat with somthing thats everyones going to like you know. so i figure i could get some opinions on some fabric then go to town on them, or even buy up every seat thats for sell and do a veriety of options on them .. but i dunno

im deff down to do any work thats comes my way

Would be nice to recover my seats. I would like what you have, but have the centers black, damn.. would be great, sad thing is I may go with other seats.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
cmoney_kps86;1367826 said:

ALSO I got all new traga seals there all properly in but at the front A pillars they dont meet up right and the driver side is still leaking a tiny bit?

heres some pics so you can see what im talking bout.. so if you have any ideas please help i dont want my new seats to go to shit after the time and money i put into it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and pass side where its good and dosent leak ..but still dosnt line up ?

I had to trim my new targa seals with scissors. I trimmed only the part on the targa itself. Once cut, my seals matched up pretty well. Better than what you are showing in your pictures. I wonder if you have the original targa top that came with your car?

There are two places that could be leaking on the DS. First is on the targa itself. If you don't tear down and seal it like the step-by-step instructions posted on SM, it will leak (I had to do mine twice). Second place is behind the seal over the windshield. On the DS, there is a dam that catches water and debris behind the seal, above the corner of the windshield. Over the years, it rusted badly on my car. After I had it cleaned out and the dam removed, it leaked. So I grabbed the RTV and sealed it up.