My rebuild :D

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
No i have an original Toyota rebuild book that a Toyo tech guy gave to me for free. its like the TRSM in book form..but better. and it says a crush washer goes in between the the check valve and ISC...so..??? a gasket you say tho? hmmm ill have to look in my gasket kit then i guess..

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Hey guys, i have a question for you all.

I HATE how the coils sit on top of my pretty valve covers, not to mention i have some NA covers i would like to install later. Soooo what have some of you all done to relocate them?? or other packs?? i dont fully understand how i could use IS300 coils or 2jz coils?? right??

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
There are 3 coil units for the 2j but actually fire two of the cyl's so there are 3 spark plug wires as well.. Do a simple search and you will come up with it

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Devin LeBlanc;1716482 said:
There are 3 coil units for the 2j but actually fire two of the cyl's so there are 3 spark plug wires as well.. Do a simple search and you will come up with it

well i am just curious on if i need to change wiring or something. I will still be on the stock ecu for a while with a maft pro..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Dm sells a pnp harness for them With that its a bolt on plug n play setup. Can also just move the coils to the middle and somehow mount them there. There should be enough room.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
I really like the IS300 idea now that i found the harness. even found a guy selling the coils mounts and harness on here :D so as soon as i have the money i think ill get it! will look much better.

Also another random question. How many of you run the ISC valve with just a breather filter on it??

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Blackdawg;1716487 said:
I really like the IS300 idea now that i found the harness. even found a guy selling the coils mounts and harness on here :D so as soon as i have the money i think ill get it! will look much better.

Also another random question. How many of you run the ISC valve with just a breather filter on it??

Need a map sensor to do that.

Edit: also the online tsrm is a scanned copy of the book. It was first made in book form. I have 2.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
cool..well i have the book...i think..haha

and i will have a MAP sensor with my Maft pro. Im going to run speed density :) so i can use just a breather filter??

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

pagii;1718719 said:
nice! keep us updated and pics to show how you install/mount them!!

will do m8!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes you can. Might have to adjust some settings for it to idle properly but that im unsure of.

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
hvyman;1718750 said:
Yes you can. Might have to adjust some settings for it to idle properly but that im unsure of.

Okay well thats not to big a problem...i hope haha i just want to eliminate as many vac lines as possible to keep it clean. Not that my bay is gonna be the cleanest thing out there but id like to to be a lil more clean then stock

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Wow! Well played Blackdawg. I think you made a great choice to build up the 7M.

You'll be at at least 400whp with this setup, easy. Everything is looking really nice so far.

Can't wait to see it all finished. And then you can post a video for us all!!

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Thanks man!! And 400whp is the goal! or more of course :p hehe

And yes i am glad i stuck with the 7m. Becoming a dying bread of motor...sorta..haha

And i have been working on her a bit. Mounted my retuned injectors from Juhani, ISC, AC and Power steering too!

Waiting for my IS300 coils to arrive then ill prolly slap the tranny on and drop the thing in the car. Then on too the huge task of wiring stuff up and continue the slow process of putting stuff back together :p

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Meeeee toooo man!

To bad i can't take it to any Taco meets lol :p

I have some questions for all the 7m gods too. Will have pics tomarrow. Im a bit lost :icon_conf

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
OKay guys, its been a while. And i have practically done nothing to my car. I REALLY need to try and get this motor preped to be dropped in so i can get the plumbing and wiring down in the next couple months.

I have added a few things to the block and i think i am almost done save for one side of the motor.

p1785913_1.jpg

does anyone have some good shots of the drivers side of the block on a stand?? I need some guidence on what goes where on this side.

Otherwise i am practically ready to go..i think..

I am going to re do the oil drain tho, i think i might even pull the oil pan for the 4th time and get an AN fitting welded on there to get a really strait drain on the oil.