My Project Results: MKIII Stock Supra Gauge Cluster Upgrade w/ Pix

THMotorsports

Supramania,

I decided that the factory gauge cluster needed a little upgrading. I have this idea in my head for a while and set out to make it happen. After 80hrs worth of meticulous labor, two cut fingers, blood, sweat and near broken toe..... yeah.... funny story but it's true. I finally am done with this thing. Like any perfectionist, I'm not completely satisfied with it but it will do for now until I do another one on the side again.

Upgrade List:

- Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap
- Chrome Gauge Rings
- Red Gauge Needles
- LED Volt Meter (Red)
- Black Faced EL Glow in White Faceplates
- Blue PinStripe on Speedo & Tach
- LED Bulb Upgrade Internally

Comments:

Sorry for the bad pictures along with the way. Everything was taken with an iphone4
- The clear plastic is very dirty and scratched up, will need to replace
- I am looking for a solid 12v source to light it up for you guys, I have yet to see if it lights up. lol.... im sure it will
- The CF vinyl looks really pronounced in the pictures but it's darker and more subtle than it shows

Conclusion:

I dont like to post progress pix and post a project cause then everyone bugs me to finish it, so I did my own documentation and you guys get to take it all in at once. Let me know your honest opinions on it.

Thank you for your time.

Jonathan Gautier

STOCK DASH:

zuat.jpg

l9ul.jpg

IN THE BEGINNING:

8pnw.jpg

eev2.jpg

oh2w.jpg

ww2x.jpg

r1aw.jpg

rhdm.jpg

lxs3.JPG

MORE WORK TO THE BEZEL:

r1aw.jpg

lxs3.JPG

pcp5.jpg

ktkt.jpg

HALF WAY THROUGH THE CHAOS BEGINS:

m5nv.jpg

BLACK EL GLOW FACE PLATES + RED GAUGE NEEDLES:

l31g.jpg

jjbq.jpg

neov.jpg

epz4.jpg

8upe.jpg

tvtb.jpg

8upe.jpg

FINAL PRODUCT:

yy7u.jpg

e1l2.jpg

ppa1.jpg

x76.JPG

1rma.jpg

1rr7.jpg

mz1b.jpg

THANK YOU.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
lithium14;1963109 said:
Are those the gauges from this seller on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121162890010

yours seem slightly different in look. I too, am looking to get these for my Supra. Just looking for some insight. Looks great!

06.jpg

vs
tvtb.jpg

so no, id say they arent the same...

i saw the carbon wrap you did on FB a couple days ago, its clean man...BUT you gotta take pics with that thing lit up!! do it! naaaooow!
images

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Nice. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I did mine similair a few months back. Carbon wrap, white face indiglo gauges, digital volt meter and white needles.

CAM00045.jpg

CAM00106.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00050.jpg
    CAM00050.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
^^^looks good lit up (i dont like white face gauges but thats just my opinion)

seems like we're gonna still need white led background lighting to illuminate the odo and needles but thats not a big deal. im really considering doing this soon. i work night shift so i really like lighting mods.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Temps fine. I aligned the needles as best I could, I just figure that where its gonna sit now. Ive always been a fan of the white faces, but youre definitely right about needing leds for the odo and whatnot. Before I did this I took the little green light bulb "condoms" off and its a lot brighter, now it just looks kinda off with the indiglo gauge faces.