My problems thread. *updates*

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
So since i have so many damn problems with my supra since that guy had it i thought i'd make a thread i can update instead of loads of individual ones..

NEW UPDATED PROBLEM

first off i have the code 51

i am trying to fix this now the code went away when i jumped the wiring so thats out of the question and when i tested the ohms on the tps itself they came out at around 1500 then dropped down to zero. (is this normal i don't know?) there was no gap in the throttlebody so im out of idea's

i was just thinking get a new tps and try my luck with that

there is a N/A in the scrap yard i could steal the tps off but are they the same ?

cheers

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Shima;962259 said:
So since i have so many damn problems with my supra since that guy had it i thought i'd make a thread i can update instead of loads of individual ones..

first off i have the code 51 which i need sorted but i'm doin that now. so i'll update on that situation later on tonight.

another thing is they guy who did my car screwed up the wiring i have had to change so many wires and vacuums. i found a loose plug and was wondering what the hell it its a black and yellow plug and for some reason was plugged into my temp guage sender which i just replaced with the right plug. any idea's?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

cheers

is that picture coming out of the AFM? If so he was probably changing the IAT resistor value. Unless he was tapping into the AFM Freq signal......

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
That looks like the oil pressure sending unit plug ...... its flat and rectangle. I believe the color scheme is the same yellow and black

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
ah sorry no the black wire cover and the afm look like they mix but no. yea i was thinking it was oil pressure but on the oil pressure sender there is no pin for it to slot onto. let me guess he snapped it off? and i'm gonna need a new 1.

on the code 51 the resistance on the tps was non existant so i'm guesing i need a new one of them aswell. *sigh*

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
will a tps off the n/a work on the turbo engine? i have a supra in the scrap yard but its na auto

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
still got the same problem it just wont start at all. unhappy bunny haha. throttle is closed new tps don't know what else to do. guess i'll just have to fiddle till i get it i suppose. any other reason the car wouldnt start and throw a 51

ideas?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
just a thought while i set my tps up would the tps cause the car not to start? i have the fault code but its the only one that comes up. i just dont understand why my car won't start. i thought a faulty tps would just make the car not as responsive on the throttle?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
tps code doesnt need clearing. but will check plugs while i'm at it. actually my breathers on my cam covers are split to shit aswell could this cause back pressure and no start?