My new toy :)

veedubin

Official SM Decals
I just got my new vinyl cutter today! thing is freaking sweet. I'de post a picture, but uh........WTF HAPPENED TO THE FORUM!!!! anyways, I'm goign to do some testing of the thing tonight, then mabey start cutting cheeap vinyl for people. any interests? oh wait that sounds like a shameless "put my name out there" sorry. lol

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
A vinyl sheet with the TRD Motorsports Racing Division logo as long and wide as the roll-up cargo cover in the back.

TRD02.gif

:evil3:

veedubin

Official SM Decals
I'm not sure how vinyl would stick to that. I think it could be done, but you'de almost have to get a banner type thing made and use that to replace the factory material by tearing it apart and rewinding it with the banner. That would be freaking neat though.

Also, if you have anything you want done just send me the file to dcoffman@ptd.net be sure to include sizes and quantities. I'll email you back a quote.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
veedubin;1508633 said:
I'm not sure how vinyl would stick to that. I think it could be done, but you'd almost have to get a banner type thing made and use that to replace the factory material by tearing it apart and rewinding it with the banner. That would be freaking neat though.

DING! That's EXACTLY what I want to do. Not a sticker, but a banner that rolls up properly. How much would something like that cost?

NOTE: Want the TRD Motorsports to read properly while looking at it from the back (logo running left-to-right, NOT longways).

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Drake69;1508675 said:
DING! That's EXACTLY what I want to do. Not a sticker, but a banner that rolls up properly. How much would something like that cost?

NOTE: Want the TRD Motorsports to read properly while looking at it from the back (logo running left-to-right, NOT longways).

Not sure on cost. I'm unable to do banners at the moment, but I have some connections for them. Other thing I'de have to look at is the ability to unwind and rewind the cargo cover. I'll look into that later this week. I have a spare laying around that I can take apart.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Is it just a cutter, or can you print on it as well? I've been considering picking up one of these myself for quite a while, but I've never actually pulled the trigger.

You should still be able to point to attachments on photobucket and the like - and I'm pretty sure the file attachments locally are still working, too.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
GrimJack;1508722 said:
Is it just a cutter, or can you print on it as well? I've been considering picking up one of these myself for quite a while, but I've never actually pulled the trigger.

You should still be able to point to attachments on photobucket and the like - and I'm pretty sure the file attachments locally are still working, too.

What I have now is just a cutter/plotter. If things work out with this, then I will be looking into a printer. But that could be awhile yet. Time will tell.
Also, if you want it and think you can at least get your money out of it, just do it. I had the same issue. Finally I bought it, and no regrets. My wife has had me making vinyl stuff for everything in the house. LOL

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Mr.Forks;1508885 said:
ooh ohhho!! what is the maximum size you can cut?
how thick is the vinyl?
soo many ideas
Maximum size is 30"x 20ft ( 30" wide vinyl is not cheap) Right now I'm stocked with 15" wide stuff. I've been doing smaller projects here and there and have not see a need for 30 wide as of yet. The vinyl I currently have is something like 6mil thick.About 3-6yr outdoor life. I can get some really thick stuff, but it too is very expensive. They are saying that stuff can lat over 15 outdoors.
As for ideas.... I knnow what you mean. Too many, and not enough time. If you have something you want done or a price on, send me the picture and I'll see what I can do.