My New Set Up 560cc Injecters .Will I have a problems?

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
SO my main question is that im wondering if im going to have any problems with my new set up. I had just a stock set up before. So i need the communities help. Thanks.

89' MK3*
Light Blue Metallic|
7MGTE|
Stock Motor|
Cleaned Up Top End|
BIC Divorced Down pipe|
2.0 HKS Stopper Head Gasket|
Greedy Timing Belt|
Arp Bolts|
Boost Control Greddy|
Nikki 560cc Injectors|
Blitz Nur-Spec Exhaust |
Stock Trim CT26|
HKS Filter Reload Kit|
Act Extreme performance street|
Fidanza Flywheel 11 pounds|
Intercooler Xo2 2.5|

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
I see no fuel system items mentioned.. ? You can't just throw 560's in there, if you're running the stock ECU/AFM you should grab the lexus AFM housing off the SC400/LS400. It throws some unmetered air in the engine just like your bigger injectors throw some unexpected fuel in the engine. Also, you're going to want to grab a Walbro 255LPH. You're next step after that would probably be an aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator & tuning device like SAFC2 or similar.

-Mike

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

http://www.supramania.com/forums/content.php?155-GUIDE-Steps-for-modifying

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
^^ What he said. My setup is similar to yours 550s / lex combo, and you can not run 550s with a stock afm, stock fuelpump etc. It just doesnt work. It will run extremely rich because you will be adding 25% more fuel without adding the 25% extra air from the bigger afm from the lexus v8. 25% more fuel without more air = pig rich. I dont even know how itll run with big injectors on the stock afm.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
WOOP ! For got to add the lexus afm .. But yea i do have that . Should i use the stock afm shell with the lexus afm internals

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

My next buy is a walbro and a ct26 57 trim with suspension . ANd then Brakes . Any recommendations guys ??

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
roadboy;1572783 said:
what if you run 550 or 560 injectors with lex afm but no walbro?

Fuel pump would run out and it would go lean?

Instead of worrying about getting a fake walboro 255 you could just get the bosch fuelpump.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Witch bosch are you referring to? . If possible can i get a parts #

And btw How to You Hook up the lexus Housing to the STOCK accordion It way bigger .

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Northbaysupra;1572871 said:
Witch bosch are you referring to? . If possible can i get a parts #

And btw How to You Hook up the lexus Housing to the STOCK accordion It way bigger .

I cant find an exact part # for it, someone else might chime in. But i know they make 255 290 and 310 LPH fuelpumps. + Ive heard people saying they'd rather run a Bosch fuel pump over a Walboro because Walboro's dont come in cars and are aftermarket pumps, where as Bosch fuel pumps are pretty much the norm for european cars. Just heard some people say theyd rather have an OEM reliable fuel pump delivering the same amount of fuel as an aftermarket one due to reliability.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Walbro 255 or the Denso pump from the MK4 TT's. So Denso fuel pump for 93-98 Supra Twin Turbo. Denso is OEM on many Asian imports

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Northbaysupra;1572871 said:

you just have to squeeze it over it, people do it, maybe they heat it right before and use soapy water

or you could have a custom pipe made with the needed bungs on it

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I just bought the "new" accordion tube from dm it looks so much better not to mention if yours is original chances are it will soon crack if not already. I also noticed that it is much easier to slide over the lex housing. And is a more durable make. kinda pricey but worth the investment