My new love

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
p1176189_1.jpg

Yup, My Moped finally runs. And it is way more fun than anything, anything; I have ever done. I guess I just have a thing for French 2 wheelers!

1979 Motobecane Mobylette 50V

Bigger carberautor
Performance variator(think of it as a CVT transmission)
good port job

Now I just need to get a pipe for it.

And yes, its pretty fast. I don't have a speedometer as my cable is broken, but Its set up for around 40ish. After the pipe of course.

Also by the way, if you have an old moped, I'll take it. PM me details

t_broncatti

Sep 22, 2008
nicholasville
Big Wang Bandit;1176189 said:
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/HellsLegion/mopedroom.jpg[/thumb]

Yup, My Moped finally runs. And it is way more fun than anything, anything; I have ever done. I guess I just have a thing for French 2 wheelers!

1979 Motobecane Mobylette 50V

Bigger carberautor
Performance variator(think of it as a CVT transmission)
good port job

Now I just need to get a pipe for it.

And yes, its pretty fast. I don't have a speedometer as my cable is broken, but Its set up for around 40ish. After the pipe of course.

Also by the way, if you have an old moped, I'll take it. PM me details

a pipe u must be smokin... :) u need a turbo :p

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That's a sweet little moped. I used to have a Sparta pedal-start. It was a blast. :) Unfortunately for it and myself, I left it at a friend's house when the chain snapped, and his mom junked it. :( That was back in high school...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That's excellent. :) I wish I could find another one. I bought it for $50 and it ran like a top! I replaced the front tire, that's it. I even used to "drift" it around in the snow. LOL. So many fun times. In high school, two of my friends and I had a moped gang.

Looks like you had fun! I'm one of those people who likes speed, but when I was on the Sparta, nothing mattered. :sigh:

NJBoostin

Dec 29, 2007
New Jersey
Nice, last year i built a Puch maxi rigid which are extreamly hard to track down and very rare i had my dad paint it ( paints cars for a living) viper red, I put a Promo cricut exhuast on it, this crazy intake, bigger carb, bored the manifold. went for a cafe racer look it was a wild lookin moped fast to . sadly i sold it for a good chunk of cash sense it was worth alot but ill send you pictures some time. the guy who bougfht it emailed me it made its way to cali and is a loacl beach cruiser.

After that one i built a Tomos Tagra Lx and did a really cool paint job on that one and put a pipe and intak eon it sold that also, theres some money in these things for sure.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Pretty well. Hasn't blown up yet.

So I'm confirmed doing 40+. Problem is, at that speed its 4 stroking a bit.

On friday i'm going to buy a new pipe and a bunch of jets, and tuned her in for high 40's.

Fastest 50V in the east bay maybe?

Shits wicked.

Also, if anyone has a polaroid camera, I might wanna buy it from you.