My NA to NA-T

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Here's the plan, My trusty 89 NA is getting a real boost. I have owned this car for about 7 years and it used to be my daily driver a long time ago. It has been stock, 1/2NA-t and NA again with headers/intake throughout its life. Now its going to get Turbo electronics and an R-154......

Here's the before pic

Attachments

• 2005_0831Image0032.JPG
    2005_0831Image0032.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 28

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Here is the organ donor that gave me the R-154 and most of the electronics, it's an 87 so I had to find an 89 ecu and harness as well. Also have a nice longblock to rebuild for when I grenade the ge in the 89 :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2002_0114Image0006.JPG
    2002_0114Image0006.JPG
    328.8 KB · Views: 6

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
I have been gathering all the bits and pieces for a while and I have a week off work so it is finally time to get this done. I am looking forward to the high compression turbo feeling.

I plan on keeping it at low boost for a while until I see what is going on. Then I may crank it up when I have the ability to tune and monitor correctly.
When the car was 1/2 na-t, ie turbo with NA electronics it was a beast but I killed the ge clutch so damn fast :icon_bigg . Fun but a waste of $$$..

The GE in there now was a low milage JDM tyte engine out of a cressida. I pulled it down and went over it and put a new stocker HG and arps on it about 1000 miles ago, all new hoses belts etc. Its pretty fresh.
Special prize for who guesses the first thing to blow on this setup when I crank the boost later:naughty: oh well, thats why when this project is done I will be building the spare GTE block up with the HK$ MHG that I have.

So before someone tells me that I am wasting my time, or something else just keep in mind that I work on these cars for fun only. I have plenty of time and other cars to daily drive so if I do all this then grenade the stock HG GE it just gives me a better excuse to build it again, because that is half the fun:biglaugh:

Rant over, I will update as I go along............