My flushmounts and how I did it

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
The car and the lights look great! Do you have a head on view of your car? Looks good from the side just wanna see the front. Nice job with what you have done.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thank you. As I told Duane last night, I still have another $700-1000 to spend before I am fully happy with my flushmounts. I have a lot more work to do to make them ultra clean. The pictures you see is all I have, I think. I'll check tomorrow.

7Maniac

Apr 7, 2009
colorado
Poodles;1165600 said:
How hot do you have to get the oven to form the top lense?

if you don't know by know the temperature to mold the lenses needs to be between 250-300F degrees, depending on your altitude. also depends on what material you use.

Bock

CNDBOOST
Jun 7, 2008
Ottawa
very sick mod! I've seen other try this one , and it didn't even look near as clean as yours. great job!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thank you. I guess I should update this. I have since installed HID's in my outer two lights to be my driving lights. I still haven't wired up the interior lights since I need the car to be running to do so since they'll eventually be HID's as well. The difference between my halogen bulbs and my HID's is night and day. The cut-off line is phenominal and they lights are 10x brighter and the light is pure white (the halogens were yellow and dim as hell). Anyways, some pics. The top pic is with both my halogens on. The rest of the pics are with just 1 HID on. I'll try and get some pics tonight with both on.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Since I forgot to put up better pics of my lights as they look on the road, here you go. This was with 1 light btw. The passenger side light wasn't on.

The flushmounts have been removed and I ground down part of the light bracket that I keep getting cut on. I also put on some JB Weld to hold my light adjusters in place so they don't move while I'm adjusting them.I removed the lights, or in the case of my HID lights I moved them out of the way. Next step is to do a little grinding and then a lot reinforcing. I'm contemplating selling my old flushmount boxes since I won't be needing them anymore and will be making something much much better.

Last edited:

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Where did you get the modular lights like that? I want to do something similar to that with mine, but cant seem to find anything like that. Any places or sites you can send me to find those?