My First dyno in the supra

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
so i had my first Dyno in the supra on saturday was good actually. i was a bit nervous about putting her on as the silicone on the ic was absolute balls. but my local dyno dude (awsome guy) had a load of samco hose the exact diamiter i needed so sold me 3 bits for £10 brand new (bargain). i'm really happy with the results for the amount of mods i'v done.

running just under 10psi i made 303bhp - 356 lb-ft torque

there is some pics and a video on my build thread including the dyno graph. :naughty:

heres the link if anyone wants to take a look

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69046&page=3

Cheers and thanks for all the help in building my supe. theres still plenty more to come ;) this was just a base to know what i'v gained in the future :biglaugh:

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Shima;1119490 said:
so i had my first Dyno in the supra on saturday was good actually. i was a bit nervous about putting her on as the silicone on the ic was absolute balls. but my local dyno dude (awsome guy) had a load of samco hose the exact diamiter i needed so sold me 3 bits for £10 brand new (bargain). i'm really happy with the results for the amount of mods i'v done.

running just under 10psi i made 303bhp - 356 lb-ft torque

there is some pics and a video on my build thread including the dyno graph. :naughty:

heres the link if anyone wants to take a look

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69046&page=3

Cheers and thanks for all the help in building my supe. theres still plenty more to come ;) this was just a base to know what i'v gained in the future :biglaugh:

well done shima ;)

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
supprisingly not that much.

i'v used a hks metal headgasket,
ARP bolts,
3" downpipe,
2.5" exhaust straight back (no cats),
cone filter,
front mount intercooler with 2.5" piping,
DV-26 BOV,
boost controller set to 25% giving me just under 10psi.
fresh plugs

just head fresh oil and coolent ran through everything lsd, gearbox, engine etc.

thats about it to the engine.

thats why i wasnt expecting 300bhp but i was shocked. same dyno a few years back my lude made 212bhp so i know there pretty acurate as i had a shed load done to that aswell.

cheers though

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
I think these are numbers at the crank not the wheels?

Something doesn't look quite right with that graph 356lbs/ft at 2200rpm you swapped in a diesel lump?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
i think its bhp i'v never actually asked the guy at the dyno but i assume thats crank not wheel as it winds down and i thought this was only done on dyno's that messure the crank hp?

as for the torque i am completely unsure. i'm just going on whats on the graph.