My First Car

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nice updates! The shift knob, empera's ebrake and shift boots and upper rear molding were a few of my first steps when I bought my mk3 too. It can really transform the cabin feel if those parts are old a tattered. Interior looks clean!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
suprarx7nut;1817334 said:
Nice updates! The shift knob, empera's ebrake and shift boots and upper rear molding were a few of my first steps when I bought my mk3 too. It can really transform the cabin feel if those parts are old a tattered. Interior looks clean!

Thanks! It is nice to fix those little things that you know only you will notice, but they still bother you.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Devin LeBlanc;1817364 said:
Neither did I till some lady totaled it... It was near Identical to yours when I got it.

Yeah, I saw your thread about that. I' sorry that it happened, if only we could get rid of all the bad drivers who don't care about their stuff, let alone other people's. I hope I never have to experience that. It's ashame too, it's such a pretty color.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I love the way it has a purple tint to night. Good luck with getting your next Supra. Even though it is a hardtop, you can still put the windows down like I do!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
MkIII FTW;1819534 said:
Nice dude, thats a really clean car! I couldnt help but noticed that you lived in Madison, Im in Huntsville going to UAH.

Thanks! What color is your MKIII? Maybe we will see each other some time.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
My car is metallic brown (kinda looks like anthracite). I have a twin bro who also has a supra and his is maroon. We are doing some work to them right now trying so I havent been driving it recently.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
MkIII FTW;1819577 said:
My car is metallic brown (kinda looks like anthracite). I have a twin bro who also has a supra and his is maroon. We are doing some work to them right now trying so I havent been driving it recently.

Good luck with getting the work done on your Supras. I don't think I have ever seen either of your Supras in our area. It seems like I only ever see white mk3 Supras in the Hunstville area.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Thanks,I probably know which white one you are talking about, I've seen maybe 5 Supras since I've lived in the area. I've had mine for 2 years this month.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I haven't done anything major to my car recently, but I did do some small things.
I replaced my cracked FPU VSV hoping that it would solve my hot start issue, but it still happens.

p1840953_1.jpg

Another thing that I did was replace my old rusty battery tie down with a new Toyota one.
Before:

p1840953_2.jpg

After: (I did replace the clips that hold the plastic strap down, but they were on backorder still when I replaced the battery tie down.)

p1840953_3.jpg

I also replaced my hatch bump stops. I was suprised by how compressed the old ones that go on the hatch were compared to the new ones.

p1840953_4.jpg

The ones that attach to the body were really hard to get off since Toyota put thread locker on the screws. Once I got the first one of though, I saw that I could put a socket on them to get them out, so I used an 8mm socket to get the other three screws out. I noticed that it is alot harder to close the hatch now that I have new bump stops.
(Old on left, new on right)

p1840953_5.jpg

I also pressure washed my plastic fender liners and I couldn't believe how much dirt came out. They are actually black now, not a gray brownish color.